The gym didn't see me coming! 90 pounds lost forever!!

Options

Replies

• rochellewilson70
    Options
    Wow great job! You are very inspirational to me - our stories are very much alike! I am still in the 200's so I am far off where you are, but your story really inspired me to keep going. You look great! Way to go!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look wonderful! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! Congrats to you! Hard work and determination pays off BIG!
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great job! Try finding a Body Pump class. That will be a great way to move into lifting weights!

Yes, good idea! We have a body works + abs class that I have gone to, it is good. They just started a boot camp conditioning class also at the gym, I should try that!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing transformation and thanks for sharing! Well done. I highly recommend replacing some of your cardio workouts with lifting heavy weights. If you eat more protein and up your calories a bit, and lift heavy (as heavy as you can go for 10ish reps), your body will change in a crazy way. There's tons of info on here on strength training programs. BodyPump is okay but it's very high reps (too high in my opinion and I used to do it a lot). New Rules of Lifting for Women, Stronglifts 5x5, ChaLEAN Extreme - all awesome programs and great results. Good luck on the rest of your journey. You are looking amazing!
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowwowowow!

Wow!

You must feel like a million bucks!

I hate running too but have contemplated doing a 5k. Your success is impressive and inspiring.
  • Reneeisfat
    Options
    Great job! Try finding a Body Pump class. That will be a great way to move into lifting weights!

Yes, good idea! We have a body works + abs class that I have gone to, it is good. They just started a boot camp conditioning class also at the gym, I should try that!

Those sound like LA Fitness classes! Is that where you go?
  • chele1028
    Options
    Wow amazing transformation and thanks for sharing! Well done. I highly recommend replacing some of your cardio workouts with lifting heavy weights. If you eat more protein and up your calories a bit, and lift heavy (as heavy as you can go for 10ish reps), your body will change in a crazy way. There's tons of info on here on strength training programs. BodyPump is okay but it's very high reps (too high in my opinion and I used to do it a lot). New Rules of Lifting for Women, Stronglifts 5x5, ChaLEAN Extreme - all awesome programs and great results. Good luck on the rest of your journey. You are looking amazing!

I will do this, for sure, I want to get into lifting heavier weights, I look forward to it! Thank you so much!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chele1028
    Options

Yes! Lol, that is where I go! We have awesome spin and zumba instructors at my location. The boot camp class is on Mondays at 5:45 am, I have done my spin classes that early, so why not, love how energized it makes me for the day. Otherwise I am there in the evenings. Thanks for the nice note!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great. Like 10 years younger! Keep going. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What an inspiration :) Thanks for sharing with us.
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I started to lose this weight back in August of 2011 and have lost 90 pounds so far! I have less than 20 pounds to go to get to my goal. This is by far the best thing I could have ever done for myself! I was out of control and knew that I needed to get healthy. I wanted to post this when I got to 50 pounds lost and when I didn't do that, I thought oh when I hit a year, well that didn't happen so here I am at 90 lost, so I will post it now to remind myself that I can do this and I will get there, there is no stopping me now! Feeling good today and finally figured out how to post pics!

I started at 237 lbs and my goal is 130. I am 5'3" and 42 years old.

My measurements:
    Hips were 54 inches, now they are 39 inches.
    Waist (below belly button) was 44 inches and is now 32 inches.
    Weight was 237 and I am now 147.
    I wore a size 1X and 2X in tops and size 18/20 and 22 in pants.
    Now I wear a size Medium and some small in tops and a size 6 and 8 in jeans/shorts. I love these smaller clothes, who knew??!!

I am not a runner at all, not my thing, but I always thought it would be neat to complete a 5K. Mainly because I never thought I would do it. So I jogged my 1st 5K in February of this year. I planned on stopping and walking when I needed to.. but I never did, I ended up jogging the whole race and never stopped! The feeling I had when I was done was simply amazing! I completed it in 43 minutes and signed up right away for my next one which will be on April 13th, the Color me Rad one, I can't wait!!

When I started back in Aug 2011, my main exercise was using the elliptical at the gym. I thought I would die when I did just 2 minutes on it, lol! I built up over time and could easily do an hour if I wanted to. I have since moved on to the Crossramp cardio machine as it really challenges me, and it is a great calorie burner. I still like the elliptical, just had to change things up. I went to the gym 5-6 days a week and have done so ever since. I would go 7 days and have but have to force myself to take a rest day at times!

Nowadays, my routine is like this, I do hour long spin classes 2-3 times a week.. that is my toughest workout, but love it because it kicks my butt! I do Zumba for an hour 2-3 times a week, my favorite! I go to aqua aerobics classes for an hour once a week, love it more to be social these days, love the people in the class, but a great little workout! I do the Crossramp for cardio on days I don't do spin or zumba, usually a half hour, sometimes to just warm up for weights and sometimes longer. I also do strength/weights 3-4 times a week. I am trying to venture more into the weight lifting section now, slowly but surely, I want to do it!!

While I can't help watching the scale, I have recently up'd my calories and will try to focus on losing more body fat. I sure like fitting smaller clothes! I am trying to appreciate the tape measure more than that scale.

If I can do this.. you can do this! Just let there be no excuses, just go out and do it, tell yourself that you are worth it, everyday!

Thank you to all my pals, your motivation and encouragement are what gets me through each day! You all rock!! :drinker:

Now for the pictures! Before and after (OK During, cuz I am not done yet!)

Thanks,
    Michele

6opldt.jpg1p6m9i.jpg

34xlzpy.jpg

During:

9qk96x.jpg

1wylf.jpg

2i6j98g.jpg

20p087.jpg

AMAZING!!! U go girl!!!! GREAT job!!! :smile: Thumbs up!!!
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Congrats on your loss thus far! You've come a long way!
  • michnjoe
    michnjoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your story really resonated with me...same age, same weight and same name!! Very inspirational. Great job!!!
  • Reneeisfat
    Options

Yes! Lol, that is where I go! We have awesome spin and zumba instructors at my location. The boot camp class is on Mondays at 5:45 am, I have done my spin classes that early, so why not, love how energized it makes me for the day. Otherwise I am there in the evenings. Thanks for the nice note!

Me too! 5:45 boot camp!? You're good! Lol
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look wonderful, fit and young! Congrats
  • chele1028
    Options
    Thank you all, your words mean so much!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You are amazing! Thank you for such an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
    p.s. Congratulations on your 5 km.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!