Increasing cals for toning/ weight loss

Options
vichm
vichm Posts: 174 Member
I have been strict on the mfp for over 16moths and have hit target weight but a few have crept back on (we are only talking 5lbs but I seem less toned since returning to work) Its so much easier to workout when you are home all the time!. It has been hard getting impact on shifting this last bit of weight and toning by adding in weights to my workouts.. I previous was a strict mfp 1200 cal eater and completed workouts 30 day shred/ insanity and p90x, the trouble I am having now is playing with uping my calorie intake.

You can read a thousand blogs on here and after some great advice I thought I would give it ago as the BMR/ TDEE etc etc it all makes sense. I even brought a KiFit which does not come cheap. The eating enough to keep net cals high has been tough and I feel like I am eating so much, have completed some great workouts but this morning I am weighing in at 4lbs heavier which is so distressing?? Also done measurements and no decrease here also. :-( both kifit and mfp set to low weight loss (to be honest my aim is 8lb by holiday July and my focus is not too much more weight but toning) but the weight I worked so hard to meet has slipped away from me.

Any further options on this complicated matter?? Is it a time thing for my body to adjust? to eat or not to eat???-

Replies

• ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think it is difficult to call when you're body is still - as you say - adjusting to you going back to work (that will be me next week!).

It is such an active life running around/;ooking after young children, so many calories (changing them, carrying them, preparing food etc) that don't get counted - bound to make a difference.

If you are trying to tone up maybe think about what sorts of food you are consuming for those extra calories eg focus on proteins and limit the carb intake. Other than that, can't really help with the more tchnical side except to offer moral support!

Whatever changes you make, I would adjust slowly, so maybe only change calorie intake by 100 calries for a week and see what impact that has with your new lifestyle? Just a thought.

Best of Luck,

8)
  • LisforLee
    LisforLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you are going for TDEE, your body still needs to adjust out of the strict deficit you had it running at. I think you want to give it about 6 weeks (and its normal to see small gains ~5lbs) but really, you just have to give it time.
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    thank you, I have been reading up alot and seems all about waiting to adjust so i am going to continue with the ki fit and increased cals and also measure. Made a pack to ignore the scales for 30days, continue with workouts and weights and then see what happens.

Thanks for opinions and support