NSV: Chinese Booth

Options
Things have been going pretty good since I started. I have noticed a lot of changes in how my clothes are fitting, but it wasn't until yesterday that I noticed something significant.

There is a Chinese restaurant that I go to for lunch on occasion, but have been avoiding it because of the MSG. I usually bring my lunch to work, but yesterday I didn't make time to get anything ready. On top of that, I have been a little under the weather, so I wasn't feeling up to making the effort. As lunch was approaching, I was getting hungry, and Won Ton Soup sounded really good. So I made my way to the restaurant. Under usual circumstances my initial feeling, as I am walking in, is to ask for a table. The booths that they have are a little on the small side. I'm sure that they are normal sized, but for me, it's a pretty snug fit. So snug, that my stomach touches the table! I end up trying to suck in my gut, so that I don't feel uncomfortably wedged in there. And of course, the tables are bolted to the floor, so there is no relief to be found!

This time around, those same thoughts rattled around my head. But I quickly reminded myself of how far I have come to this point. And as I result, I blurted out "I would like a booth please". It ended up coming out as "I would like a booth prease". (insert awkward moment) But I was more shocked and worried about my request, that the awkwardness was not that big of an issue. Although my friend that was with me was cracking up! As we approached the booth, I had one of those "Here we go" moments. As I look a the booth, it appears smaller than ever. I quickly scan the other available options in the room, to see if this is in fact the same as the others. (like I've never been there before) As I sit down, I start sucking in my gut. I'm comfortable, and I don't feel anything. So I i sit normally. To my surprise, and excitement, there is now a good 4.5" between me and the table!!!

GYM TIME!!!

Replies

• tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Gotta love those WOW Im doing it! moments. Good for you man! :bigsmile:
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Nice work.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Superb NSV! (Just don't ask for Flied Lice...)
  • melly0224
    melly0224 Posts: 15
    Options
    Very inspiring. I hate booths sometimes.
  • aladams83
    aladams83 Posts: 47
    Options
    This is such an amazing NSV! Way to go!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Cool!

Oh, Chinese food....YUM! Maybe that's dinner!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT NSV!! I am proud of you!
  • trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!
  • gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I love these unexpected moments of confirmation.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Haha! Great NSV man.
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    NICE!!
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Gotta say this is pretty amazing nsv! :D
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Excellent NSV.... I know just what you mean about booths in restaurants.... It never ceases to amaze me that the hostess doesn't look at the people she is seating and make the quick decision that this customer will not be happy in a booth.... I have been asking for a table for a long time.....

I have lost enough weight that I would not be afraid to try one of the dreaded booths....

Congrats!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • irishscootz
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was pretty stoked!
  • irishscootz
    Options
    Excellent NSV.... I know just what you mean about booths in restaurants.... It never ceases to amaze me that the hostess doesn't look at the people she is seating and make the quick decision that this customer will not be happy in a booth.... I have been asking for a table for a long time.....

I have lost enough weight that I would not be afraid to try one of the dreaded booths....

Congrats!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

This a a Catch 22 for sure. I'm not sure it would be better to have someone put me in the "big" section either. But it is what it is. Gotta use it as motivation to keep pressing on!!
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    WTG I am so looking forward to that for myself I have a weighs lol to go yet but this year will be the year Thanks for sharing because it is so encouraging when u find someone telling it like it is and sharing a victory that you yourself look forward to it is really inspiring to keep going on.

RaNae
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV!

I was about to type that I hate small booths but I think it might be more accurate to say I hate being too big for "normal" size booths.

Way to go and keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!