Eating clean

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
I'm currently doing Tapout XT 2 and can feel gains in my strength and endurance, but not seeing the changes in my body that I'd hoped to see by now. I've decided to follow a cleaner diet (no white bread, rice, etc), no candy or soda, and more veggies. Today I've done really well (had a protein shake for breakfast, a spinach salad with sliced chicken, slivered almonds and strawberry vinaigrette for lunch, and I'm going to have grilled chicken, broccoli and whole wheat pasta for dinner. I have a tremendous headache though--is it just from NOT feeding my body all that crappy food?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    As of right now, it is probably from not having any/ many carbs. Without knowing your serving sizes, I am also wondering if it could be a hunger headache: that doesn't sound like much for someone doing an intense exercise program.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    The protein shake was 2 scoops of powder, 4 oz. whole milk and 4 oz. water. (380 calories). The salad was a bit over 400 calories, and dinner was a bit over 600. I'll probably eat another snack of 250 calories or so before I go to bed.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Probably just the lack of carbs, then. Did your pasta help after dinner?
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Yeah, the pasta has helped somewhat. Over the last few days I've eaten more than my share of treats and it's probably my body flushing all that mess out of my system.
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you are used to drinking caffeine and you cut it out if your diet, you may get a caffeine withdrawal headache. It usually goes away after 2-3 days.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Headache is probably from

- no caffeine = caffiene withdrawl
    - no sugar = sugar withdrawl
    - drop in caloric intake

I eat mostly clean (still gotta live ya know?? LOL)my diary has a ton of ideas in it and it's open. It's really really hard to eat *enough* when you eat fresh home cooked meals. You just have to get creative with it.

I'm also slowly switching to organic.. so a lot of the foods are actually organic, even if not logged that way.