What? April 2 is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!

Options
What is your favorite version of the nostalgic PB&J sandwich?

I prefer creamy peanut butter with grape or strawberry jam on sliced bread! Delish...

Replies

• coopersmom2006
    Options
    I'm a crunchy pb with strawberry jam kind of gal. Sometimes I get nutty and like peanut butter, honey and banana or apple slices. YUM! I LOVE peanut butter I don't care what anyone else tries to say about it. Almond butter just isn't the same.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm so disappointed that I did not know this. I love PB & J and would have had one today in honor of this glorious day. In order to make it healthier I have been toasting an Arnold multi-grain bread thin and spreading each with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and Wegman's sugar free jelly. That is my breakfast treat on the weekends. Yum.
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    I agree - Almond Butter doesn't compare!
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    I'm so disappointed that I did not know this. I love PB & J and would have had one today in honor of this glorious day. In order to make it healthier I have been toasting an Arnold multi-grain bread thin and spreading each with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and Wegman's sugar free jelly. That is my breakfast treat on the weekends. Yum.

Does the sugar free have that "sugar free" after taste? I have never tried it.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I LUV CREAMY P.B. (KREMA BRAND FROM KROGER. INGREDIENTS IZ NUTHN BT PEANUTS) WIT POLANER SUGAR FREE WIT FIBER STRAWBERRY PRESERVES ON 100% NATURES OWN WHOLE WHEAT BREAD. GLASS OF UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK ON DA SIDE. VERY YUMMY!
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    I LUV CREAMY P.B. (KREMA BRAND FROM KROGER. INGREDIENTS IZ NUTHN BT PEANUTS) WIT POLANER SUGAR FREE WIT FIBER STRAWBERRY PRESERVES ON 100% NATURES OWN WHOLE WHEAT BREAD. GLASS OF UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK ON DA SIDE. VERY YUMMY!

Your version sounds healthier with sugar free jam, whole wheat bread and almond milk! I'm terrible because when I eat PBJ's I like to eat potato chips on the side to balance salt with the sweetness of the jam! Probably not an ideal MFP meal plan! HA
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like to add a banana or sliced apples with cinnamon and am always open to experimenting with pbjs. Truly a marvelous sandwich.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I love to get a nutty flavored bread and toast it with some peanut butter spread on top! I'll usually pair this with another piece of toast topped with jelly. I'm also a fan of peanut butter banana smoothies:)
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Does the sugar free have that "sugar free" after taste? I have never tried it.

No after taste at all.