Any Hunters Here??

Options

Replies

• terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Not until I got married 17 yrs ago....it was either go or be a deer season widow.... I went and have been going ever since . Love it. We had our first bear season around here last year, unfortunately didn't get to go. Hoping for this year tho. Turkey, duck....on the list as well. :smile:
    :drinker:
  • GSmith0904
    Options
    Well since I am the one doing the tracking since my husband is a bit color blind and cant see red (blood) on the ground lol So I teased him when I shot my doe that she only walked about a hundred feet and fell no tracking but...... when he shot his buck a couple of days later let me tell you it was not as easy to track :( snow, rain and the blood was disappearing fast, plus we had to leave him in the bush overnight and go back in the next morning.
    We like to make it a little competition between the both of us which makes it all the more fun lol This year he has the bragging rights and the rack on the wall to prove it lol but ohhhhh wait for this fall :) I will be kicking his off the mantel and hanging mine :)
    Two years ago we came back empty handed, last year came back with one doe and two bucks and I cant wait to see what we bring back this year :)

I love the tracking part!!
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hahaha well thats where one bullet one kill comes in lol Lets just say on the second buck he shot it didnt fall far from where he had shot it but I think its because I teased him so much on the first one that was so hard to find :) I guess all these years with my nose to the ground looking at every bug and animal track has paid off hehe.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Not a hunter but I love me some deer/elk meat!!!! My birthday is in November (deer hunting season) and my father in law always fills my freezer up with deer meat for my birthday!!!

i love venison!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a gatherer.

And a hypocritical carnivore.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Yup. Actually had my own TV show about hunting and the outdoors of Arizona.

I do mostly wingshooting, upland and waterfowl, but get out on big game with others all the time too.
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nothing here to hunt from the animal kingdom.
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My husband, daughter and I hunt :) We mostly hunt for white tail.
  • Rejuvn8
    Rejuvn8 Posts: 74
    Options
    Mostly deer, elk and some dove hunting (rifle/shotgun).
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't hunt, but I come from a long line of hunters. All family members including my 12 year old daughter hunt. Trying to get her uncle to take her on an elk hunt this year so they can split the meat. Deer and birds for now though :)
  • amontanye
    amontanye Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yep I hunt- deer & turkey. Getting ready for my turkey week later this month :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yep, Whitetail, Spring, Fall, Winter Turkey, Squirrel, Rabbits, Dove, Quail, Waterfowl, Wild Hogs and sometimes like to go frog giggin!
  • porcelainjune
    Options
    yes, I follow a paleo diet so usually my workouts consists of chasing down deer because I live in the heart of mule deer country. Sometimes i mix it up and wrestle cows and hogs.
  • jtgilfoy
    jtgilfoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hoping to try it out next year. Probably start with ducks or upland birds.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Former hunter and fisherman.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Yep, love having elk & deer in my freezer.
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i love to hunt deer, coyote, heck anything that moves i'll shoot. got my first crossbow this year, but been using my 20 gauge shotgun before that.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged. See profile pic (taken during a snow goose hunt last Monday.) I've been completely addicted to all things waterfowl related for many years. Shotgunner, dog trainer, etc. My sons are hunters as well, including one who is a practicing waterfowl guide as a part time job during college. Send friend request if you'd like.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ga hunter here. Rifle and bow. Deer and turkey for the most part but I have been known to take out some hogs, dove, coons, coyotes, squirrels and pretty much any thing that walks around these parts. Oh yeah, don't get me started on fishing.