For those who have the Polar FT7

Options
Do you buy the gel to use on the chest strap or do you use water?

Replies

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    On the FT40 I use water. I get very low calorie burn - wonder if the water doesn't conduct as well? Will be interesting to see what other responses you get so we can learn.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Water, it works just fine and I have had mine for two years. I have to change the batteries yearly and I had to order one replacement strap. Just make sure your rinse out your strap each time.
  • thumpthumpdrag
    Options
    Water
  • 4everchanged101
    4everchanged101 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just use water. Also, I second what wolf said remember to wash it out after you use it.
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use surgical lubricant given by my cousin, but if you are buying it electrocardiogram gel might be better. Polar recommends water or saliva.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Water :smile:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use water, but I find I really have to soak it or it'll stop working halfway through my workout... it worked perfectly for the first month then started intermittently saying "Check Transmitter" and randomly stopping. (I rinse it out after every workout and run it through the wash just like in the instructions, about every week). I am so addicted to those numbers now I feel like stopping when it craps out, lol...
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have found that when it stops working as well for me it just means that I have to tighten the chest strap. Have not even been using water most of the time as it has not seemed to help as much.

Totally on that not feeling like working out without the HRM.....its just not the same.
  • GreenEggsNHan
    GreenEggsNHan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use water too :)
    I find it annoying that the calorie count on the FT7 is soo much lower than on cardio machines. I wonder why that is?? People say it's more accurate, unfortunately. Haha
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I'll be using it for the first time on the elliptical.
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't work at first it will once you start to sweat.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 and just ordered two replacement straps and they are the newer version ones that do not need the cream or wet down... Just put it on and go.... Best of Luck

Here is the newer one:

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-soft-strap.html
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I just tried FT7 for the first time today -- I love it.
    I can't wait to actually use it whilst doing cardio