Hey Guys, I'm Cat

Options
Hey there!

So My name is Cat, I'm a 24 year old Emergency Veterinary Technician originally from New York but I moved to South Carolina Last year. I have been a yo-yo basically my whole life and I'm tired of the cycle. I work really hard get really thin feel great then I eat and watch the number creep up then I get depressed until I find motivation once again and the cycle repeats. Since I moved to South Carolina I've gained almost 40lbs. That's a crazy amount of weight in that period of time not to mention I'm only 4'9. I maintained a healthy weight for 2 years but after moving and knowing no one here except my partner who is a skinny mini that eats what ever she wants and never moves more than necessary, I needless to say fell of the wagon. I'm tired of doing this to myself. I need to learn how to change permanently and to hold my own even without the support from friends and family that I'm use to. I work 60 - 70 hour weeks and my sleep pattern is never consistent. I'm hoping that getting involved on here will help me find answers and support. So Hi My name is Cat and I'm ready for a life style change!

-Cat

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Very funny.

Cat day was yesterday.

Nice try though.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Get a room, Cat!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Happy belated Cat's day!:flowerforyou: *

*that is not a flower, it's catnip.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    are you the one that scratched that baby's eye??
  • kitcatsheart
    kitcatsheart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I'm a little confused lol what is Cat's day? Is this not the place to introduce myself? I dont get it -____-
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    So Hi My name is Cat and I'm ready for a life style change!

Le'ts do this lifestyle!

tumblr_mk3nttbgX71qfla5to1_500.gif
  • kitcatsheart
    Options
    I came here for support and people are making fun of my name?
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Its all fun and games until someone loses their sense of humor. :ohwell:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Awe we're kidding. Seriously, don't take it personal.. we're all bunch of crazies here.

Come to think of it .. you do have "sheart" in your name.
  • kitcatsheart
    Options
    Its all fun and games until someone loses their sense of humor. :ohwell:

Maybe if I understood the joke
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    No one is making fun of you hon. It just so happens that your name is very relevant to something that happened on here yesterday. And it's a cool name BTW.
    Please don't ragequit.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    No one is making fun of you hon. It just so happens that your name is very relevant to something that happened on here yesterday.

I am sorry I missed that thread. :D
  • kitcatsheart
    Options
    No one is making fun of you hon. It just so happens that your name is very relevant to something that happened on here yesterday. And it's a cool name BTW.
    Please don't ragequit.

Oh well that makes more sense lol This is my first post on here and thank you
    I just didnt get it lol but thank you very much for letting me in on it. Sorry if I appeared a little sensitive, this whole weight thing has been a delicate process :p:D
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we are an eclectic mix of perverts and jerks (and many of us fall into both categories). You will learn to love us. Or hate us. Either way, have fun here!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Hey Cat!:). Welcome. You have come to the right place.

(Yesterday every thread had the word cat in it because it was April 1st and because many of us like cat pictures)
  • KristinKStansell
    Options
    That's a-okay!! We've all been there!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Oh well that makes more sense lol This is my first post on here and thank you
    I just didnt get it lol but thank you very much for letting me in on it. Sorry if I appeared a little sensitive, this whole weight thing has been a delicate process :p:D

:flowerforyou:
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My brain read the title as I'm "A" Cat and I got all excited b/c I joke about being my cat on here (hence my cat's pic for my Avi).

Welcome, Cat!
  • kitcatsheart
    Options
    Aww thanks guys :) I like crazie :D
    I'm really hoping to make some friends moving away from my friends and family has been rough
    :D Its pretty ironic that I'm en ER vet tech named Cat when I tell cat owners my name they always make a remark about how fitting it is :D
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My brain read the title as I'm "A" Cat

Mine too...I was slightly confused. lol

But WELCOME!!! I've only been here for a few weeks but I find that people are very supportive when they aren't teasing you about your name. :P

Good luck!!!!