How to get rid of water weight?

rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
Hi,

Any suggestions how to get ride of water weight?

Thanks for ur help.

Replies

• BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Personal experience here. You have to sweat to lose water weight. Also, eat less sodium! Your target should be much lower than the MFP limit! Sodium makes your body retain more water.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Eat less sodium, drink more water, pour sweat when you exercise.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    If it's temporary water weight (like around your TOM), you can try the Pamprin or Midol that includes a diuretic. Or for the same effect without the pain relief medication, you can just take a diuretic pill. Again, this would be for the temporary relief of bloating due to pre-menstruation and will not give you big results on the scale or drop your pants size significantly.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    For me if I drink 2 bottles of water with lemon wedge it helps. Usually the week before and the week of TOM I drink bottle water with lemon wedges as well, and since I've done this, I have quit gaining weight during that TOM, and have been able to actually lose weight during.
  • rita27ny
    If it's temporary water weight (like around your TOM), you can try the Pamprin or Midol that includes a diuretic. Or for the same effect without the pain relief medication, you can just take a diuretic pill. Again, this would be for the temporary relief of bloating due to pre-menstruation and will not give you big results on the scale or drop your pants size significantly.

thanks for ur advice im going to buy a diueretic pills at the pharmacy. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    Drink more water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member

Ok. Please make sure you follow the directions (especially dosage and frequency -- you do NOT want permanent damage from a temporary solution), and drink lots of water with each dose (I know it seems like weird advice to drink back what you are trying to get rid of, but your body needs this water and it will not bloat you).
  • rita27ny

which is a good diuretic not for tom?
    Ok. Please make sure you follow the directions (especially dosage and frequency -- you do NOT want permanent damage from a temporary solution), and drink lots of water with each dose (I know it seems like weird advice to drink back what you are trying to get rid of, but your body needs this water and it will not bloat you).
  • Anu_mee13
    Anu_mee13 Posts: 69 Member
    Cucumbers and watermelon are natural diuretics. Try to stay hydrated, and like others said, make sure your sodium levels are low!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Pee. LOL you need to sweat and try to eat less salt. Drink more water. I know that sounds odd but drinking more water will help you lose more water.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Everyone is different, but I drink more water and only eat lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. This works wonders for me..
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Drink more water! Eat more fiber! Eat fewer starches. Works for me anyway.

Drinking more water, while counter-intuitive, works for nearly all people!
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    I drink A LOT more water and eat water rich fruits like watermelon.

I have a cup of hot water with juice from 1 lemon in it. Or I use organic lemon juice I get from Whole Foods. If I have the lemon water in the morning by evening all the swelling (particularly during that TOM) has gone down.

I also really really like a tea called "Weightless" that helps cut water retention. I don't know the brand name off the top fo my head but I purchased it at Whole Foods. I put on about 6 lbs of water weight during my TOM and I always feel so uncomfortable. I had to find something to relieve some of the swelling and this tea and the lemon water really helped.

I also avoid all caffeine and processed foods (especially microwavable lunches) when I'm retaining water.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Drink more water! You get water weight from not drinking enough of it and your body retaining what little you did drink.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Drink more water, eat low-carb, keep your sodium intake down, keep your potassium intake up, get adequate sleep, and if you'd rather have a mild diuretic effect, use tea or one of the herbal "Zinger" teas. Lemon in hot water will also do the trick.
  • dagalo67
    dagalo67 Posts: 2
    Celerey is a natural duretic..:)
  • rita27ny
    i bought waterex from gnc will let u know how it goes.
  • Megs0603
    Megs0603 Posts: 1
    How did it go? I'm having the same exact problem right now!