Healthy breakfast for on the go?

Options
I don't normally eat breakfast because of my work scheduled I take my lunch at 10am. What are some ideas for fast breakfast at 630am?

Replies

• doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How about a quick protein shake? It's not ideal, but is quick and you can modify it to your taste.
  • katherynrodriguez
    katherynrodriguez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ill have to try that thank you.
  • yessenianarvaez3
    yessenianarvaez3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a greed yogurt while getting dressed, and take a small cup of granola and almonds with a cup of green tea and eat while driving.
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    Emerald Breakfast on the Go, fruit and nut pouches. ~ http://www.emeraldbreakfastonthego.com/

I get the berry nut blend.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Have a few eggs pre-hardboiled for your breakfasts, a quick bowl of healthy cereal, and some fruit. If I'm in a really big rush then I have a slimfast meal replacement shake (I bought the powder so it can keep for a long time); I only use it maybe a couple of times a month. Oatmeal can be pretty fast too if you use quick oats and microwave it. Some thing I like to put in it are: berries, bananas, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and sugar. I usually pick a couple of these and have been trying to avoid the sugar lately.

I'm not sure how fast we're talking here, but all of these would take less than 15 minutes.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I eat a Vitatops muffin each morning. It's grab and gooooooo!! :smile:
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of salsa... Microwave for 1-2minutes.

Or, you'd be amazed at how little time it takes just to make a quick omlette on the stove. I was running late this AM and made it in about 10 minutes. (everything was pre cut)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, Quest Bar, 35 calorie toast with peanut butter, boiled eggs.

Sometimes when I'm in a bind, I also will open a 90 calorie pack of Carl Buddig Ham or some turkey breast and wrap it around a reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese stick and eat it with an apple.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat Eggo Waffle with PB2!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, I'm too rushed to have a good breakfast, so I prep a smoothie the night before. That way, all I have to do in the morning is grab it and push it onto the blender base (I use the Nutribullet) and take off. It's convenient for me because the blender container is a handled cup, so I'm in and out in less than 2 minutes. Since that's all I get from 6am-noon, I pack them with nutrient-dense and filling foods. This morning, my smoothie was 1 cup of kale, 1 cup of spinach, half a mango, half a cup of watermelon, half a lime's juice, half a banana, coconut water, and pre-ground flax + pre-ground oats. I drink it on my way in to work and it's SO GOOD!
  • katherynrodriguez
    katherynrodriguez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great ideas. I also have a nutribullet so ill have to start using it.

Add me as a friend =)
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Fruit fruit fruit fruit!!!!

Apple, Banana, stem of grapes, cup of berries, peach, nectarine... not a lot of peeling or work involved in these, so I like them for FAST grab & go things if I don't have a lot of time.

Almost always have a Larabar or Kind Bar or any one of a few others that I like in my bag just in case I need a fast bite to eat.

yogurt cup, pita chips with hummus or guac, 100 calorie bag of popcorn - these are fast snacks i keep on hand for the office, or late night at home.
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Dried apricots and a small handful of walnuts. Yum!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    protein shake, protein bar, yogurt, fruit - I'm up at 5:30 am to get to work by 7am so it's always grab and go!
  • Megank428
    Megank428 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat a slice of ezekiel sprouted grain bread ( http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49) with one egg. Takes maybe 5 minutes to make. I am always running late in the morning so I get it cooking while I do my makeup!!
  • mztamaraann
    mztamaraann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. My lunch is scheduled for 10:30am. This morning I had a kashi blueberry waffle and a banana. Yesterday I had a nectarine. Sometimes a slice of Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin bread or yogurt. Always something I can eat in the car. Good luck!
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    I love Larabar energy or protein bars! They're around 200-250 cals and made only from whole ingredients (no added sugar, no nasty fillers, all gluten-free and most dairy-free, usually only 4-5 ingredients).

If you have a commute that gives you time to eat on the way to work, prepare a breakfast sandwich or something the night before and take it with you. Lots of good ideas already mentioned on that front!
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    If you put it in a cup...old fashioned oatmeal in microwave...2 handfuls cover with water, nuke for 2 1/2 minutes add a few berries tiny bit of sugar or honey or molasses or your fav I eat it while dressing.
  • upnorthmj77
    upnorthmj77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Fiber One protein bar or a banana