Tuna Helper with Almond Milk?

Options
I just made Tuna Helper with almond milk and it's looking kind of weird. Has anyone else done this? Did it turn out okay? Is there some trick to making normal things with almond milk that I'm missing?

Replies

• SparkleKittie
    Options
    If you want to thicken any sauce that you're substituting almond milk with, just add a teaspoon or so of organic all purpose flour. It won't kill you, and it will do the trick. (:
  • CoachNYLA
    CoachNYLA Posts: 129
    Options
    You may want to try unsweetened non fat condensed milk (unless you are trying to take the dairy out of your plan), otherwise this option would work better for you and less calories than real milk Plus it is creamy. Hope that helps.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    unsweetened soy isn't too bad.. same with unsweetened almond milk. you just want to make sure it's unsweetened and don't use too much since it's thicker than regular milk.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Actually, I just used Almond Milk in some recipies lately. One of which was the Chicken Pot Pie Soup and it worked fine. It has been great in everything I have used it with. I just love it !!! Prob won't be buying real milk any time soon.
  • TraceB
    TraceB Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How does it taste?
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    It tasted normal, but the sauce didn't thicken that much. I added some flour and it thickened a little more.
  • mgore0404
    mgore0404 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just used Almond milk in my Tuna Helper and I thought it turned out fine, I probably will do it again.