Hi :-)

Options
Hi,

My name's Rachael, I'm eighteen years old and have seen myself as fat for most of my life.
In primary school, this was a result of bullying. I have recently realised that I wasn't fat, but was just developing earlier, as well as having a larger frame than other kids. However, I believed I was fat and spent a lot of time trying to lose weight and when it never worked (because I wasn't actually fat) I got frustrated and gave up. This was the time when I lost all self-control and decided to eat whatever I wanted because I thought I would never lose weight. Ironicallly and predictably, that was when i became overweight. So now I'm atleast forty kilos (which, to you non-metric users is 88 lbs) overweight and have been struggling for some time to lose that weight.

My friend has introduced me to this website and I am really hoping that the sense of community and companionship here will support me in my endeavour (I don't sound cheesy at all) as it has for her.

I can't wait to dive right in and make friends here.

Replies

• charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name's Rachael, I'm eighteen years old and have seen myself as fat for most of my life.
    In primary school, this was a result of bullying. I have recently realised that I wasn't fat, but was just developing earlier, as well as having a larger frame than other kids. However, I believed I was fat and spent a lot of time trying to lose weight and when it never worked (because I wasn't actually fat) I got frustrated and gave up. This was the time when I lost all self-control and decided to eat whatever I wanted because I thought I would never lose weight. Ironicallly and predictably, that was when i became overweight. So now I'm atleast forty kilos (which, to you non-metric users is 88 lbs) overweight and have been struggling for some time to lose that weight.

My friend has introduced me to this website and I am really hoping that the sense of community and companionship here will support me in my endeavour (I don't sound cheesy at all) as it has for her.

I can't wait to dive right in and make friends here.

Hi . I am 22 years old and slightly overweight with a BMI of 26, but i am looking to lose around 30lbs to get abck to how i looked a year ago (see profile pic). I live in England and am a college student looking to start university in september. I am willing to support you, if you wish. Check out my profile and add me if you like what you see. If not, i wish you luck and im sure you will succeed :)
  • BeingAFitFoodie
    BeingAFitFoodie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! add me if you'd like, I am new here as well, and we can help each other out! :) Good luck!
  • imch64
    imch64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done for joining, a big step to getting healthy and enjoying your life.
  • Ressie1
    Ressie1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP girls. This is such a great website/community. Everyone is very supportive of each other on here. Good Luck with your weight loss journey. Don't give up and stay motivated. :)
  • Ally_93
    Ally_93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WELCOME Rach ;)