best protein shakes?

Options
i usually drink a special k shake in the morning at 7:30 with a small meal and it keeps me full till about 1-2pm when my lunch is.
but it has lots of sugar in it. i want a protein shake that tastes kinda good but will keep me somewhat sustained.

also, no protein shake that i HAVE to add milk to it. i have ibs and milk makes me feel like i'm going to implode.
any suggestions?

Replies

• sarahmaedzz
    sarahmaedzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk Light in chocolate or vanilla for my protein shakes. Only 3g of sugar and 25g of protein for 2 scoops.
    I mix with almond milk but it's just as good with water!
  • jennychandra1
    Options
    I always check out this website before buying any protein products - www.pro-proteinshake.com - My personal favourite is the Labrada Lean Body Hi-Protein shake because of the high protein:carb ratio.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress. It's cheap and tasty.

Also - I use almond milk because it's only 30 calories a cup. It also doesn't contain lactose if that's what triggers your IBS.

Usually I do a scoop of powder, 2 cups milk, and a banana (not sure if you can do bananas with IBS?).

All protein shakes are the same - unless you're looking for a low carb version. But even those aren't really cutting out too many carbs or calories.
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition- Gold Standard
    Dymatize- Elite Gourmet or ISO100

Both are delicious and are priced in the 24-30 dollar range for 2lb.

Not all protein shakes are the same. If you are having issues with milk based protein shakes look into egg, soy, or beef based protein shakes. If its just the adding of milk to the shake then you should be ok with whey.
  • erinmpowers
    erinmpowers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vega One is the Best! No dairy, no soy. It has a line up of health powerhouses! You will not be sorry! I like the berry flavor best. I blend it with water and frozen berries but it's also good with almond milk.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You can use a dairy-free milk or just water if milk irritates your stomach. You should also avoid dairy-proteins...also special k protein shakes have dairy in them? Don't they irritate your stomach?

So no casien protein and maybe not whey, it makes some people sick that have dairy issues. I also have ibs, lactose intolerance and a casien allergy.

I am using soy isolate from gnc, 25 grams of protein. It is actually really tastey and you can mix it in water or dairy-free milk. It's also pretty cheap. $15 a pound. I throw in a banana and ice yum.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    Whey Protein: Elite Series (Company: Muscle Tech)
    60G protein.