2»

Replies

• KristinKStansell
    Options
    You CAN do it!!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    My brain read the title as I'm "A" Cat and I got all excited b/c I joke about being my cat on here (hence my cat's pic for my Avi).

Welcome, Cat!

I thought it said "I am a cat" too and I came here to bench press her. But, since she's not a real cat, I guess it's not going to happen... :brokenheart:
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what the heck was up with all the cat stuff yesterday.....makes sense now.
    Welcome, this is a great site for support and entertainment.
  • bambi2578
    bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I definitely read it as "I'm a Cat" as well...

But welcome to the site! I've been here almost a month, and found it to be a good place for support and helping keep track of everything.

Feel free to add me, and good luck on your journey!
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cat!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I totally read it as I'm A Cat too!

April Fools AKA Cat's day was fun.

Welcome!
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I read "I'm A Cat" too lol

I guess we were all primed from the cat threads yesterday. They were pretty funny!

Anyway, welcome human-Cat. What made you move from NY to SC? It seems drastic.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I thought it said, "I'm a Cat." Doh.

edited to reflect now read previous responses and don't feel so dumb anymore.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm a vet tech too. Welcome!

And it is true that yesterday was in fact, cat day. It was awesome.

ETA: I also read this as "I'm a cat"! I only realized it didn't say that by reading the above posts.
  • kitcatsheart
    kitcatsheart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What made you move from NY to SC? It seems drastic.

It is a drastic change lol um to be honest it was work. I worked at an emergency hospital on long island but the economy got so bad that they cut everyones hours and took most of our perks such as holiday pay and overtime. It wasnt enough to live off of anymore :( My best friend moved to Florida a few years ago So my partner and went to visit South Carolina on a whim and after curiously looking at houses for rent, we moved. I got a job 3 days later making the same money at an emergency hospital here and my rent is way less lol. It was a great move financially but its been hard making new friends. I have the people from my job but I can be a bit shy so I havent really established friendships outside of work lol. :) I was 30lbs away from my goal weight when I moved but now i've gained lots of weight so my self esteem hasnt exactly been the best lol Any way that's why we moved :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, there & welcome to the crazy world of MFP ....... btw, nice name & nice job !

I work at a little animal hospital (mostly front desk stuff) ...... love, love, love it !

Hang in there ....... and happy losing :drinker:

021_21.jpg
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    It's always tough moving to a totally new place. When I moved to this city for work, I didn't really know anybody, so I decided what I was going to do was install myself into a nice local hangout (a gay coffee shop) and keep going until I was a regular. I showed up every single day until when I walked in the door Randy the barista would start my drink before I even said anything. It worked pretty well, I have a TON of friends now, and I even met my future wife there. I highly recommend the "become a regular somewhere cool" method as a way of making friends. It's awkward at first, but the return is solid!