Replies

• Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    PANCAAAAAAKES! Lol
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is one of those "Tell me what I'd like to hear and not what you think. Thanks." threads.

Totally. Eat clean, it will cost you less than this "miracle detox chemical $h*tstorm". www.whole9life.com for reference if you are interested, it involves buying natural and whole foods. AND of course hard work, dedication, sweat, pain, tears, and patience.....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Better off with the Lemonaide diet/cleanse. It's natural and will take out toxins and have some weight loss as added benefit. It takes will power! Do it for 10 days and see how you feel.

If you're talking about the Master Cleanse that is one of the least healthy things you can do in terms of so-called "detoxes." Better with with the dandelion tea and normal food.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Better off with the Lemonaide diet/cleanse. It's natural and will take out toxins and have some weight loss as added benefit. It takes will power! Do it for 10 days and see how you feel.

The ingredients for this cleanse consist solely of lemonade, syrup, and cayenne pepper. This "cleanse" requires you drink that and eat NOTHING for 10 days or longer.

It'll take willpower, alright. Willpower and a determination to make yourself sick and malnourished.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    well its the drink not the capsules...
    dandelion root tea, lemon juice and cranberry juice + water.. not not really a lot of $$$...

Yep, but I modify it. I toss a dandelion tea bag and a dash of lemon in my bid old water bottle I carry all day. Really debloats. It's not a cleanse, don't stop eating!! Think of it more like flavoring your water in a debloaty way :)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxSoEpuUpK7YbLXsjK5Rcx-U3gMuICh7IA38KcyEtQ7mUXZ-Tgfg
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is supposed to be a natural detox for your digestive system, and is supposed to do a lot of good things for your body. So go to the grocery store, buy you some lemons, and drink away! :D
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    she makes me twitchy... if anything... her name increases the toxicity in my system to dangerous levels.

I need to go boxing to escape.
  • xrmsmithx
    xrmsmithx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    dandelion root tea is a diuretic... it also has antioxidants. cranberry juice is a diuretic. it also contains antioxidants. lemon juice has a lot of antioxidants and pectin.

long story short. this drink isn't at all bad for you, so long as you use unsweetened cranberry juice... to the contrary, as long as you use natural ingredients (wash the dandelion roots thoroughly) and make it yourself, it should be a pretty healthy and refreshing drink. it's going to make you pee a lot. it's going to help you prevent urinary tract infections. if you drink enough of it, it will curb your appetite, but so will water all on it's own.

not a magic bullet, but that wasn't really the question was it?

Yes..the purpose of it is just to lose a little water weight. Not permanently. All these people are being so snotty just because the name "detox" or "jillian michaels" is on it but even if it doesn't make you lose fat it's still a healthy drink. I don't hear people bashing lemon water on here which is practically all it is. I say go for it. What's the harm (in this particular drink)?
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I drink this but to be honest this is the first I've heard of it being a "detox drink". I saw a post about it on Pinterest, decided the ingredients looked good, healthy and decided it was a good alternative to "spice up" my water.

It said something about losing that bloated feeling but I can't say I felt any different.

My opinion on it is a good one. It won't do you any harm to drink it, if anything, only positive effects whether you notice them or not.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I was drinking this for a while. I liked it, mostly I feel like it was just great for getting all my water for the day in. I bought a large container, made the drink(which didn't taste bad, kinda good) and made sure to drink it all by the end of the day. The container I bought ended up being crappy and leaking easily, and I could never find a good 64 oz container so I just didn't continue.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was drinking this for a while. I liked it, mostly I feel like it was just great for getting all my water for the day in. I bought a large container, made the drink(which didn't taste bad, kinda good) and made sure to drink it all by the end of the day. The container I bought ended up being crappy and leaking easily, and I could never find a good 64 oz container so I just didn't continue.

I make individual ones in a water bottle. I take a good couple gulps of the water, put the cran juice and lemon in there and stuff a dandelion tea bag in the bottle haha.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    When you take away the marketing and endorsements it's a mild diuretic that will help if you are retaining excess water. It sounds like it would taste nice if you don't like plain water. Honestly I have no more of an opinion of drinking this than I would of someone eating some watermelon or cucumber. Be prepared to use the bathroom a lot.

With the marketing and endorsements, though, it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the reply...
    even if I didnt ask if it burns fat...!
    I am refering to it as a cleanse not a fat burner!
    there's no such thing as a cleanse. ironically, you'd have better luck with a fat burner. at least burning fat is a real concept
    exactly what I was thinking, let me know how it turns out :) And congrats for the future wedding :)

so, no matter how many people tell you it's a waste of time and money, won't do anything at all, is possibly dangerous, and No Such Thing as a Cleanse exists, you're set on going forward anyway. Got it.
    I am talking about the drink you make yourself and not the suppliments.

Oh, why didn't you just say so. You're talking about the drink, not the supps. Okay, let me amend my answer.

THIS PRODUCT IS GARBAGE AND NEITHER THE DRINK NOR SUPPLEMENTS WILL WORK FOR YOU BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CLEANSE OR A DETOX.

Can you hear me now? I doubt it, but hopefully the 400 lurkers that are reading your thread can hear me and a few of them will have the sense not to waste their time or money.

I disagree. After taking those pills the gastroenterologist gave me before my scheduled colonoscopy, I most certainly was "cleansed." :sad: :tongue:
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    On gosh everyone calm down! OP is not talking about anything that is for sale. It is a suggested recipe that calls for tea and a few drops of juice. You eat normally and just flavor your water. It is not at all expensive. It does debloat noticeably for me. It is certainly not unhealthy and the people jumping rudely down her throat aren't even pausing to consider what she is asking.

If you have no problem with unsweetened tea and no problem with a splash of lemon in your water then you have no problem with this. End of story. She just wondered if it worked for anyone. For me, yes, it does make me feel less bloated. Other may have different experiences.
  • crazy_chick541
    Options
    I have been working really hard the last 6 months with diet and exercise to loose weight for my cruise this week. I know I am skinnier, but I feel so bloated some of the time, that I was worried about having the pregnant looking belly in a swimsuit. I just finished my 7 days of this because I heard it would help de-bloat me for my cruise. I did loose about 4 pounds (I am sure all water, and the weight will return soon), but I feel like my stomach is flatter now so I will feel better in a swimsuit.

It was really easy, cheap and gave me the less bloated look I was going for.