What are some foods that your glad you gave up or limited?

Options
For me is the following foods.

Gave Up:
-Fast food.
-Soda.
-Chips.
-White food. (White bread, white pasta, etc.)
etc.

Minimize:
-Red meat.
-Limited my fruit intake because of sugar and focused on eating more vegetables.
-Cookies.
-Pie.
-Cake.
etc.

What are your choices?

Replies

• xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    soda, mac and cheese, pizza, ravioli, tv dinners ... I didn't give them up, everything in moderation but I have cut way, way back.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Giving up most highly processed, big brand products.
    Soda, fries, ice cream, chips.
    Fries being the biggest one!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Chips
    Most fast food ( still eat a lil Taco Hell now and then)
    Cut wayyyyy back on chocolate esp Reeses cups :(
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Soda was my biggest weakness. I've now gone 15 months without it.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Gluten. I don't think it's had an impact on weight loss for me but I seriously feel so much better without it!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    jelly doughnuts
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Only thing I'm able to consistently stay off is wheat, which I'm really glad of since it makes my arthritis flare up. I really need to limit my sugar more though.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Gave up breads and pasta's/rice
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    gave up: beef, pork, fries, chips, and soda!

limit: juice, candy, and cake
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Gave up - diet coke
    Minimized - chips, fast food, donuts, muffins
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up on anything but severly ration ice cream. It makes me gain weight fastest and I could sit there and eat nearly the whole 1/2 gallon container in one sitting. Especially the specialty flavors from Braums.
  • taz69tazz
    taz69tazz Posts: 57
    Options
    gave up: fries, chips, soda,fast food ,cakes, candy, all whites, buffets

limit: salt, wheat bread
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I feel like if you compared my grocery cart now to before you'd be looking at a video from some TV show about American obesity vs. a video about a woman trying to feed 5 teenage boys fruits and veggies (even though I'm only feeding 3 of us and 1 is male I get asked about how many kids I have considering how many fruits/veggies and other foods and how frequently I go to Sprouts...)

My entire Life has changed and I'm glad about it.

I haven't had soda (diet or regular) in years. I eat 'real' desert on 3 major holidays and my birthday (MINE not everyone's) I will rarely split a rare desert 3 ways b/w hubby and daughter if we're out to eat. I eat significantly less cheese and only eat wheat bread once a week or so. In fact I avoid wheat for the most part, I have quinoa pasta and vans gluten/wheat free waffles instead. I don't buy anything that says "100 calorie snack pack" that opens the door to a disaster of eating an entire box. I do not buy ice cream.

I'm a veg...but For hubby I buy bison occasionally but rarely ground beef.

Virtually everything in my kitchen is replaced over a few years, but it was little changes at a time.

I will not give up: Dark chocolate. I eat it every day.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    most wheat products. after i started limiting my carb intake i begun to soon realize that i was bloated all the time while eating carbs and that i might have a mild intolerance. good riddance.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I gave up low fat cottage cheese because full-fat cottage cheese tastes better.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Gave up all grains and processed sugars, and starchy carbs when I first started. Was wonderful for not only my weight loss, but for my arthritis pain and autoimmune spinal disorder. Seriously dropped my pain level by at least 75%. I have added a few things back occasionally as I am able to tolerate some in small quantities, but still stay away from wheat 99% of the time,

Discovered a whole bunch of new veggies I have never tried before, and have now become addicted to cocoa roasted Almonds!
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am glad I gave up all carbonated beverages (sodas reg or diet, beer, champagne). I drink a lot more plain water and I am seeing this fruitful in my kids, which is my main reason for finally getting off my buns and changing my life in the first place! They are drinking more plain drinks... So, this was a win win change! I pretty much gave up all pasta and rice, too. I do eat it on occasion but it makes me feel too full and I know I am not getting the nutrition I need if I fill up on pasta/rice.... So, no big loss there in my mind... NOW, if I could give up sugar and sweets, my 'healthy lifestyle' would be complete! Cursing whoever came up with the Reese's Eggs/Hearts/Christmas Trees/etc... hahaha
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Lettuce
  • TesselCat
    TesselCat Posts: 74
    Options
    I haven't really officially given anything up, I just limit it. There are some things that I just don't have a craving for anymore (chips/crackers etc.) so I don't eat those.
  • Danalynn39
    Options
    I'm in the process of weeding out foods right now. I'm trying to rid myself of all dairy, sugars, wheats and things that seem to cause a RA flare for me. Which is tough because my I love dairy. And almost everything has sugar of some kind.