Possible to lose 20 - 25 pounds by October?

Options
I have a wedding I'm going to so I want to lose some weight, hopefully at least 15 pounds!

I'm eating at a 15% cut from my TDEE, about 1600 - 1700 calories per day. I eat whole grain cereal, natural peanut butter and a lot of fruit for breakfast, and for lunch and dinner I usually have vegetables/salads and chicken or fish. I eat fruit, hard boiled eggs and nuts for snacks. I drink only water and green tea.

I generally just do strength training for exercise, be it as I have a very active job that has me on the move a lot, and on my breaks I like to go walking for about 30 minutes. So for exercise, I do about 30 minutes of weight training 3x a week and I'm going to start the 30DS by Jillian Michaels 3 - 4x a week.

Does this sound possible? Even if not that much weight in pounds, just a decent amount of fat. I don't care what I weigh, I just want to be lean and healthy.

Replies

• sarah_the_girl
    Options
    Anyone? c:
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You do realize its April right? Of course thats possible. The healthy weight loss is 2lbs per week, so you'd get there long before october. Put your stats in, let the site calculate for you, and stick to it. You'll be skinny in no time.
  • randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    sounds pretty reasonable!! I've lost 17lbs in a little over 3 months, so i believe you can do it : )
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Very doable if you stick with a decent calorie deficit like 15%. Good luck, if you stay regular here, you will have a better chance on reaching that goal. Also make sure you log everything as correct as you can.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    25 pounds divided by 5.5 months is 4.5 pounds per month - definately doable!! good luck
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Totally possible. Even at such non-aggressive weight loss with you losing 1 LB per week, you have at least 20 weeks. If you increase your deficit to 20%, eliminate fat from your diet, and up your cardio workouts, you can easily achieve more.

I was a 49 year old 260LB buffalo. And if I was able to drop 88 lbs, you can do it also!!!
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Definitely reasonable but also depends on how much you currently weigh. If you're of normal weight, it might be a little difficult but still possible.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    way too possible!
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds since late December :P I wonder....
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I've just lost 4.2 lbs between just last week. Of course!
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats? You could lose 20 pounds in a month if you were willing to stick to a very unpleasant strict Keto or PSMF style diet...
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I lost 49 pounds in 5 months.. its very do-able and in a healthy slow steady rate too.. no need for crazy diets or 800 calorie a day deficits either.. friend request me if you would like support ... I will for warn you thou, I ride peoples *kitten* here especially when they whine about 'being fat forever' or 'i cant exercise'...so if u want some tough love i'm your girl!!! Best wished to you on your weight loss and road to a better healthier you :)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It depends. If 20-25 pounds puts you at target goal (especially if it's on the lower end of your BMI, or lower end of healthy for you) then it gets a little harder as you lose weight less quickly. Once you get between 10-15 pounds of your goal weight loss can slow to only 0.5 pounds a week and of course there are always weeks you don't lose. However you usually lose a bit more right when you start (I lost 10 pounds the first month with about 40 to lose in total). So if you get that bigger loss at the start of say 6-8 pounds then you don't have too much weight left to lose so I do think it's possible.