trader joe's fav!

Options
13»

Replies

• toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You must live in Vancouver! That Bellingham TJs is kept in business by Vancouver I swear. :) I live in Victoria, but have a friend that goes to Seattle on a regular basis and keeps lists of things to bring back for friends. (Lucky us!!)

I can't believe hardly anyone has said NUT BUTTER. They have a great selection and the prices can't be beat (especially as a Canadian...almond butter is stupid expensive here). My favourite is the Roasted Almond Butter with Flax, but their Valencia Peanut Butter comes a close second. And Sunflower Butter is creamy and delish.
    yes from vancouver! that TJ in bellingham is so busy! lol..
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • rebecccac
    Options
    Rolled Oats & Chocolate Chips Fiberful Granola Bars are surprisingly delicious (and I am not a big granola bar person). The frozen chicken teriyaki is also delicious!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I know this is from a few days ago, but I forgot one important thing! Goat cheese!! The product itself isn't all that special, but it's the best price I've EVER seen on it - the huge 11oz log for $5!! That's what the 5oz log costs at my regular store!

Also, I get the "this fruit walks into a bar" cereal bars for my kids for breakfast - cheaper than generic Nutra Grain and more wholesome ;). A LOT of their stuff is better quality and cheaper than most stores!

Someone else mentioned it, but I also always get my vanilla there, too :).
  • krs5201
    krs5201 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Healthy or Semi Healthy:
    Frozen mixed berries (I know it's a given anywhere but they always end up being soo good in smoothies)
    Olive Oil Popcorn
    Nuts (they're so much cheaper at TJ!)
    Pita Bite Crackers (these are my favorite ever)
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Coconut Oil
    Chocolate Covered Bananas (Frozen -- maybe not the healthiest but overall good snack!)
    Applesauce pouches (marketed towards toddlers but I love the Apple-Banana ones and it's easier for me to eat for breakfast while commuting)

Not so Healthy But Oh So Tasty:
    Cookie Butter (nuff said)
    Organic Gummy Bears (honestly, not sure how bad these are/aren't)
    Potato Gnocchi (actually great for a pre-made gnocchi)
    Chicken Tamales
    ANY CHEESE EVER.

I'm kind of obsessed. Very yummy stuff at good prices.
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    a lot of people say the cookie butter! but i am soooo disappointed by it!
    heared it-needed it-bought it-tried-and UGH!nasty! idk why :( i love specaloose (sorry for wrong spelling, i mean the cookie thats in it) cookies!!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo lucky to have one 10 min. away!!!! Love the wheatberry bread........and their soups.........and the nuts......ginger candy.......chocolate covered seeds.............they used to carry this fabulous spicy hot chocolate..........mac and cheese.....
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later! :) I went for my first TJ trip about 2 weeks ago and there were LOTS of things that I want to try!
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Saag Paneer
    Roasted Coconut Chips
    Wasabi Wow Mix

Top 3 favs!
  • snarkymom72
    snarkymom72 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    TJ's has a Harvest Grain Blend that I love and forgot all about until recently. It's got pearl cous cous, quinoa, orzo, and I think lentils, but I don't remember. It's great instead of rice on some nights. I eat it in the winter. Really hearty.

My all-time favorite, of course, the Raw Sugar and Salt-covered Dark Chocolate Almonds. OMG so good.

Edamame hummus, cheese, salad dressings. That's what I go for, and fortunately where I am in Southern California, I'm never more than 15 minutes away from a Trader Joes!
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just came from shopping there :)
    I love their stuff. There premade pizza dough is great!
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My non-meat go-tos are:

Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup (I could live off this stuff!)
    Washed & cut up butternut squash bags (but only if I'm going to use them in the next day or two. They're perfect for butternut squash borani)
    TJ's Toasted Oatmeal Flakes (one of my favorite cereals ever)
    Frozen Garlic Naan
    Frozen Brown Rice Pouches
    Herb-Garlic Pizza Dough
    Milk Chocolate Covered Pretzels
    TJ's Mini Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
    Another vote for the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
    Carmelized Onion & Feta Pastry bites are amazing and a huge hit at parties as an appetizer
    Trader Joe's Pita Bite Crackers are my hands down, favorite cracker

Their cheese section is also really good but varies as they don't carry the same things all the time. My current cheese love is the Irish Port Cheddar and the soft goat cheese (so versatile). During the holiday season they had this amazing herbed brie dip that I really hope they bring back this coming holiday season.
  • Sweetlost
    Sweetlost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump