Weird Craving - Happenend Last Time and Now Again...

Options
I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing happen to them....

Last year, the first time around on MFP, I started walking more. I walked as often as I could get it in. (I am a teacher involved in EVERYTHING on top of regular teaching...) After a while, I got this weird feeling that I never had before.

"Hmmm, I think I will pick up the pace a jog."
So I did.
It felt good.
I didn't get very far.
But I liked it.

Then the crazy end of the school year came around and I stopped.
Sad face.

Now its the crazy end of this school year and I started MFP again.
And I started walking again. (Fitbit makes me happppyyyy.)

During the school day, when things get crazy (crazy good and bad) I find my self craving.
I kind feel all weird and want to crawl out of my skin.
I want to take that walk.
I plan my route.
I wonder if I will just walk or if I'll speed it up a bit.

I can't wait to fill the cool air in my lungs. This is my favorite time of year for walks and hiking. Well this and fall.
I like the feeling of completing (and sometimes surpasing) my distance goals. Its not much, but I set them anyways.
I love when I'm done and I get to streeeetch. Oh, I love that. For an overweight chick, I'm pretty flexible.

So, I started to crave exercise. Weird. And I like it.:bigsmile:

Replies

• amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm going through a not so great phase right now, but definitely remember that "just one more minute" feeling.

I have to confess, I have never liked stretching.

One thing I like about walking or jogging this time of year is getting outdoors - being cooped up in a classroom all day (I work in a school, too, and with no windows in my room) can make you crave some fresh air! It's also fantastic "me time", which you don't get when your room is full of students needing your help.

Keep up the great work, and enjoy!
  • pandabear_05
    pandabear_05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love it! :)

For the very first time in my life I HAVE to exercise. I crave it everyday. Really, really weird for me. Lol totally get what your talking about. Now if this snow we have would just go away! I am dying to get outside again!
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Snow = sledding and climbing up hills....I did that on a snow day. I was SOOOOO much fun. I felt exercised out after that. Well, that and shoveling my huge driveway by myself.

The weather is finally spring-ish around here. But since it is Indiana, I'm sure there will be a blizzard next wee.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!