New Member "Ready for a Change" - Hello..........

Options
Hey everyone, I'm really excited to have joined and look forward to having some support. I'm ready to start living the good life and for me that means losing weight to built up my self esteem. Get tired of the old "But, you have such a pretty face". How do people that have no support keep motivated? It's hard but I refuse to believe impossible.

Replies

• mkwade7380
    mkwade7380 Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome. Well you have come to the right place for support. Add me as a friend, and I will do what I can to keep you motivated. The biggest change you will have to make is on the inside. But you have overcome the first obstacle and and also the hardest...reaching out to others. Be sure to check out all of the message boards on here. There are a lot of people on here with a lot of great advice. And there are a lot who are good at keeping others motivated through this site.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HI!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mcbeth
    mcbeth Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Without motivation it is hard but you have joined the right group, very motivational and supportive.
  • LuvNCarol
    LuvNCarol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree. Motivation starts inside. It's the first step. The overwheming support and motivation on this site is total blessing. Keep coming back!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • janet67
    janet67 Posts: 38
    Options
    I just joined this site because of all the wonderful features. . .I think it will really work for me. I am 61 and 35-40 pounds overweight. I have finally decided "I NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW" about the weight. (The older you are the harder it is to lose!)
    I hope that by keeping a log of what I eat, I can see where to make changes. Also writing it down makes me really think about not eating that ice cream or pie.
  • BodybyFlash2010
    Options
    Hi everyone, I joined this site of the recommendation of a good friend. I've always fought the battle of the pounds since I was a teen. In 2008 I injured my arm and put on weight I didn't need. Got checked at my doc following an earache/ruptured eardrum last November and the doc yelled at me about my blood pressure (was never a problem, but the lifestyle wasn't helping). So, once I got threatened to be put on meds I decided "enough's enough" and joined a gym in December of "09". I was tired of being out of shape and unheatlhy! Especially when what I was doing to myself was mainly my behavior and attitude toward staying healthy. I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic and my weight wasn't helping me or the people I help/serve. I've lost 43 lbs since then. I also have a fantastic personal trainer who I couldn't do without. If anyone would like to add me as a friend, please do so. I'll help or motivate you anyway I can. Good luck to everyone in your weight loss and keep up the good work!
  • RadioGaGa
    RadioGaGa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a new member also. I need/want all the help I can get!!!! This seems like the place to get it! :)
  • deborahcee
    deborahcee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site as of one day ago. I am looking to fnd me underneath this excess fat. What a joy to be small again. Looking for support and encouragement. Good luck all.
  • deborahcee
    deborahcee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Deborah and a dear friend introduced me to this site. I am looking to find the new skinny me (I am sure it is out there somewhere). I look forward to joining all on this site and give encouragement, advice and whatever is needed to help meet out goals to a new us. I have been here one whole day, so keeping my spirits high and my fat intake low. Good luck to all.