how do you cope when you have major family issues

Options
I am having some major issues, my 15 yr old son just packed up and moved in with his other parent who has been non existent to him for the last 11 yrs (dam facebook) and I am finding it very hard to exercise at the moment and skipping meals as just fretting big time about him, I dont wont to fall off the band wagon but having trouble with motivation I also have a 5yr old son and a husband (who can't see why I am crying all the time), I am still coming in under my calories but I just can't eat all the time at the moment, how do other people cope with emotional issues

Replies

• RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your son. You know, as well as I do, that he's looking to go be with the 'fun' parent. The one who lets him do whatever he wants and doesn't hold him accountable, yet for the last 11 years you've been the one taking care of and LOVING him! That betrayal cuts deep, and I completely understand. Even if your husband and your 5 year old do not; your pain is completely reasonable and valid!

Now on to the weight loss part. Sometimes when our world seems like it's falling apart, a little exercise and caring about our diet is all we can control. Make yourself do some exercise every morning, even if it's a light stretch, the 30 Day Shred, a short jog, etc. The endorphins are priceless!

Then realize that you cannot control everything that is happening. At the risk of sounding 'preachy', you're in God's hands, and he loves you, your family (and your 15 yo son) intensely! As long as He holds you in your hands, everything will work out. It may not be understandable, or comfortable, or even what you think you want! ~ but you're in a good place!

Best wishes to you!
  • FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    You may want to focus on getting your psyche back in order first.

Maslow's hierarchy of needs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs indicates that you need to fulfill your needs in your safety (family included in this one) level before you can start focusing on higher levels like achieving weight loss for aesthetics.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I also experienced some ex related issued a couple of months ago, and when things were getting particularly stressful I went to the gym or went for a walk, or did anything physical instead of making cake and drinking wine.
  • leoniemaree
    leoniemaree Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone I wil ltry and endeavour todosome exercise tomorrow hopefully I can sleep tonight