Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fancy Dress ideas - help me!

Xiaolongbao
Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
Hi All,

Next week I have to dress as something starting with the letter 'O'.*

I'm after a clever ideas. Unfortunately I'm not clever... but I'm hoping someone out here in internet land is.

I'm not very creative. So any super easy but clever ideas?

(for an example a few years ago for a similar fancy dress someone told me to be a cereal killer by simply strapping a box of cereal to myself and sticking a knife into it)

*any idea has to be work appropriate for someone who works in a very conservative school.

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Octopus....add some extra sleeves to your shirt??
  • kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Ophelia (Shakesperian), oval (round out those curves and colour block :P ), Orange (colour themed).
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Ostrich.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    *any idea has to be work appropriate for someone who works in a very conservative school.

In that case, go as an orgasm.
    It'll be a scream - quite literally!!
    kind regards,

Ben
  • You could be an orange...literally just go as a massive human fruit, paint your face orange, the whole bit.
  • ummmmm an "Outlaw" perhaps, like Comboy and Crooks kind of vibe.
  • Xiaolongbao
    kind regards,

Ben

This was my first idea!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I'm thinking the octopus idea (I can just put 4 shirts on!) is the easiest so far. But please feel free to add in any others. Remember easy is good!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Opalescent.
  • benol1
    kind regards,

Ben

This was my first idea!

I'm glad you liked my sense of humour! I'm glad my post wasn't pulled.

More sensible suggestions
    :
    Ocelot\: cute

Orang Utan: and you're orange! You could also talk about how palm oil plantations are destroying your habitat

Oryx: extinct but...it'll keep guessing

Oyster (that could be fun!)
  • Xiaolongbao
    Some of these are great idea but I've got no idea how to pull a costume together for them.

Someone else told me "outrageous" so maybe I'll just put all of my bad taste clothes on...
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    obama? just print his face a voila!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Olivia Newton-John. Pull on a cardigan, longish skirt and some textbooks and you are her character Sandy from Grease.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Onyx- dress in black.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Orange - dress head to toe in orange
    Officer - police, army, navy, etc.
    Oliver Twist
    Orphan
    Outlaw - main requirements are a cowboy hat and a bandanna over your mouth, then the best western style outfit you can manage
    Oompa Loompa - Brown long sleeve top, white overalls, green wig and orange facepaint (or fake tan)
    Octopus - Get a blow up flotation ring and tie stockings/tights stuffed with newspaper on it. (My mum did a jellyfish costume for me like this when I was little :smile: )
    Oscar - Go all in gold (including facepaint) or you could be an Oscar winner and go in black tie and make your own trophy (maybe out of a spray painted Ken doll?)
    Oscar the Grouch - Dress in green with face paint and make a trash can using 2 hula hoops, some fabric and shoulder straps.
    Olivia Newton-John - Wear a blonde wig and dress as either Sandy from Grease, Klio/Kira from Xanadu or in workout gear (Physical)
    Ocean - Wear all blue and stick pictures of sea life (e.g. fish, seaweed, shells, etc.) all over yourself.
    Obstetrician - Doctor's costume and carry a baby doll
  • benol1
    Put a pyramid on your head and you're an obelisk.

Or...

Just walk leaning backwards and when asked, you can say you're being obtuse.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Officer is a good one! :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    OH NAKED.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Story of O. I'll let you research that costume and props yourself...