Most accurate UK scales?

Options
I am looking to buy some relatively cheap scales but I want them to be accurate, i would like to be able to buy them on the high street in the uk

Replies

• claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from ASDA for £10 and they are Salter scales, not sure of the exact model but they are glass scales. They do weight in kg, lbs or stones and lbs, body fat % and bmi. Love them!
  • Ebs75
    Ebs75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've found my weight varies from scales to scales for some bizare reason (there was a 4lb difference between the scales at home to Weightwatchers) so I always calibrate them first. I use a 1kg bag of sugar, which I know is a true weight, and if the scales read 1kg then I know what I way on those scales will be pretty spot on using whatever scales I have to hand. One tip is weigh yourself in the same place, my weight fluctuates depending on if the scales are on my tiled kitchen floor or on the carpet.
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've got the Salter ones from Asda at £10 aswell and they're great.
  • sarcosis1
    sarcosis1 Posts: 42
    Options
    I managed to get some WeightWatchers scales some time ago, they were reduced in Argos. They are very good, you can add your details into them and the scales will calculate your BMI, body fat percentage etc. They are very accurate and have a switch on the back so you change the unit you want to weigh in, to stones, kg and pounds. Best scales I've ever had!