NSV - Men may not understand but infertile women will

Options
iamlaprell
iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
Today I started my period exactly one month after my last period started.

Okay, little backstory: When I was 16 I was told that I would never be able to get pregnant without medical intervention because my body did not ovulate regularly. In the 17 years since, I have never once had two periods in two consecutive months, in fact, I've gone two years without a single period before. I simply did not ovulate and although it was not weight related at the time, putting on as much weight as I did certainly did not help regulate my reproductive system.

So now I have lost weight and apparently it has kickstarted my ovaries cause I have now done something I've never done, I've started a period exactly one month after my last period started! To me, this is a huge NSV, and I can now understand all those women on that "I didn't know I was pregnant" show who got pregnant while losing weight, lol. So now I know to be careful cause I'm definitely not wanting a baby but it's so nice to know that I could have one without involving the doctors.

Replies

• Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Good for you and well done.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    brilliant!! mine were always between 6 months and 2 years apart, definitely more regular.. oh and when trying for DD1, caught the first egg 6 months after my last period, so it can happen!
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    OMG THATS SO AMAZING <3 congratulations to you
  • npetercmway
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV from someone who can totally relate! Keep up the good work!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Fantastic :) That's so great :) I'm really, really happy for you :)
    Today I started my period exactly one month after my last period started.

Okay, little backstory: When I was 16 I was told that I would never be able to get pregnant without medical intervention because my body did not ovulate regularly.

Doctors told a friend of mine this, and she got pregnant without meaning to, because basically she thought she was infertile so she and her husband didn't use any contraceptives. She didn't find out that she was pregnant until she was 5 months gone because she had no symptoms and going for 5 months without a period was normal for her. Unfortunately during that time she was taking a medication that was not safe for pregnancy, and her baby was affected by it and has a slight developmental delay. She stopped taking the medication as soon as she knew she was pregnant, but the baby had already been affected. Of course my friend was absolutely delighted that she was pregnant and with her baby, especially after being told she was infertile, but I'm sure she'd rather had known this was a possibility (albeit a slim one) so she could have taken prenatal vitamins and changed her other medication to one that was safe in pregnancy.
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks neandermagnon, I have always been aware of the possibility as I knew that I would occasionally have a period which required ovulation. Many times over the years I would have been happy if I did find that I was pregnant, but that would not be the case today, lol. I'm actually thinking I'd better get in and get some birth control cause now that I'm finally getting to work on the hot body I want I definitely do not want to ruin it with a pregnancy!! How crazy is that? When I would have killed for it, I couldn't do it, but now it would not be welcome news!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That is a brilliant NSV. Well done!
  • fyoufat
    fyoufat Posts: 85
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Thats is a wonderful NSV!
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing NSV! Really pleased for you!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    As someone who is infertile all I say is congrats!

Edit to add: Saw your update, I personally would not start BC based off one month. I would first see how your body responds the next few months. Birth control can wrek havoc on a body. I didn't want to say it before bc I only wanted to congratulate you and not come off negative, but having a period every month is not an indicator of ovulation. I would follow up with your doctor so they can see how well you're doing and progress from there.
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Awe :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!