Confused

Options
Why one week where I did 2, 1/2 hour lunch time walks and only 1 45 minute zumba lesson did I loose 5lbs but the next week I did 6, 1/2 hour lunch time walks and 4, 45 minute zumba classes I only lost 2lbs???

I ate the same number of calories in both weeks.. I just don't get it!! Surely the week with the more exercise I should have lost more than the week I did very little??

Replies

• trish945
    trish945 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Remember that fat weighs less than muscle. I've found that my weight can fluctuate a lot during the week-I try not to weigh myself too much. And the most important thing is how you look and feel. I really have only lost about 5 lbs (I want to lose 15) but I've been really working out a lot so I haven't, but my jeans are looser, my tummy & butt are more toned--so I try to focus on that!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    2lb is a good weight loss for a week! Don't worry! As long as you lose steadily and consistantly you will be fine. Chill out and just enjoy the numbers going down by any amount!
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    Because your body is not a machine. It is a dynamic living organism influenced by a range of factors other than food and exercise. In fact, sometimes your body will decide to defy the laws of maths, physics and common sense and simply become heavier. Dieting is like believing in God, you need faith that in the end it will work :happy:
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Water weight, it's a *****.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't know one week from another. So some of the loss could be a run on from the previous week
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just think its really strange.. not complaining at the 2lbs.. was rather hoping for the 3lbs to make it 3 stone lost by Easter.. not done much exercise this week so I will see how much I have lost tomorrow when I get weighed... hopefully at least 1lb to get me to that goal..
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Because your body is not a machine. It is a dynamic living organism influenced by a range of factors other than food and exercise. In fact, sometimes your body will decide to defy the laws of maths, physics and common sense and simply become heavier. Dieting is like believing in God, you need faith that in the end it will work :happy:

^^^AMEN!^^^^

Check your sodium intake. Sodium can make you retain water which show up as weight. There were weeks that I didn't lose anything and days that I would gain 2 or 3 lbs from morning to evening. Stick with it and you will see results. It might not be within your specified time frame but it will happen.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why one week where I did 2, 1/2 hour lunch time walks and only 1 45 minute zumba lesson did I loose 5lbs but the next week I did 6, 1/2 hour lunch time walks and 4, 45 minute zumba classes I only lost 2lbs???

I ate the same number of calories in both weeks.. I just don't get it!! Surely the week with the more exercise I should have lost more than the week I did very little??

Because fat is not the only thing included in your weight.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Average out the weight loss. It wont be the same every week.