Just found this site!

Options
Hi all

Have just seen a couple of recommendations for this site so thought I would pop on and its already got my motivation levels higher!

I got married last year and am probably a fairly typical case of losing weight for the wedding only for it to sneak back on after, I am joining a gym this weekend with my husband and am hoping that between that and the dieting I will start to see the wedding figure come back and the confidence go up!

Hope to meet a few new friends on the way as well to both get encouragment and give encouragement to.

Replies

• neeshaap2013
    Options
    Hi,
    I am here as well to loose weight before my job interview. Hope I loose the 7kgs that my doctor recommends as well :)
  • sharonmtharp
    sharonmtharp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like this site because it encourages a lifestyle and not a quick fix. I am through with yo-yo stuff. Good luck to you and glad you are here!
  • Sobeeit
    Sobeeit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: this is a great place
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! :happy:
  • joannaMzipperer
    Options
    Good Luck! I love this site, its a great way to develop self discipline, i track EVERYTHING! even if i take one bit of something...so far I've done it for 15 days in a row and I'm going to weigh Friday, i hope to have lost 2 lbs!
  • BigDaddy0825
    Options
    welcome!! this site is TREMENDOUS, and you will find incredible support here!! you have to put in the work and the effort, but mfp will give you the tools and support you need!! good luck ma'am!!
  • Makenziesnana
    Options
    First thing, you aren't dieting. You are changing your lifestyle...from sedentary to active and from not eating well to healthy eating.

You have support - here and with your husband. Has he joined MFP???? Encourage him to do so, even if he does not have to lose weight. It is a "fitness" site...

Good luck
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It will change your life so long as you are willing to try. Best thing I ever did, quit the gym, get some running shoes, join MFP.
  • trish945
    trish945 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was doing fitbit but I kept losing the damn thing, and finally lost it for good last week. I can't pay $100 every 3 months, but really loved the support -especially seeing my steps rating compared to my friends. I wish I could find something similar-I am buying a regular pedometer and my goal is 15k a day plus exercise 4-5 times a week.

Is there anything similar on this site? Does anyone want to be friends for motivation? Friend me! Trish
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Welcome. You will love the community here.
    Get a load of friends for support and accountabillity.

Oh, and have some fun as well!! I do....lol

Good luck on your journey.
  • sammie190489
    Options
    Welcome =) This is a great place for motivational support!

Feel free to add me =) x
  • marilynolivares1
    marilynolivares1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    welcome best of luck to you
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and welcome!
  • AmandaWalt628
    AmandaWalt628 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is a great site to be on. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrscoops79
    mrscoops79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, am loving the site so far and its great to see how supportive everyone is of each other! cant wait to get started and see how everyone is progressing over the weeks
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: this is a great place

Not just great it's awesome I am totally obsessed lol