What foods do you crave that you didn't before MFP?

Options
Am curious what foods people hang-out-for that before starting MFP you could easily pass-up?
Mine: bacon and peanut butter!
I work some into my daily cals at least twice a week - think perhaps it's the salt and fat that I love :)

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    The-Elvis-bananas-peanut-butter-and-bacon.jpg

You're welcome.

For me? French toast. Gluten-free toast just doesn't taste the same. :'(
  • isitsororo
    isitsororo Posts: 116
    Options
    Peanut butter for me as well.

I am craving prunes so much right now it isn't even funny.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Almond butter - I have not had bread in my house for 18 months - still manage to go through a jar of almond better each month ;-)
    Blueberries, yoghurt
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Avocado, peanut butter, bananas.
  • Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    Now I know fats are GOOD it would have to be Peanut Butter. Hadn't touched the stuff for at least ten years and now I have a teaspoon everyday. Am just pleased that my internal handbrake is quite strong
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    great replies :) ... Bubbl3s25, you're my inspiration, everyday - sounds like a great idea!
    And a bacon sandwich WITH peanut butter? mmm - not sure I'm that brave :) but will keep in mind for when I get to maintenance...
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Avocado with tomatillo and lime juice ughhughgygygh *drool*
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Diet cherry dr. Pepper. I never drank pop ever before I lost weight and now I drink it several times a week. My husband says its because its the only thing in my diet now with flavor. Lol
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter. Bananas... Bananas used to make me gag!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    guys eat your bloody peanut butter! its good for you.
    for me id say take aways, especially chinese. never used to have them before mfp but now thats all i want on saturday nights haha
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    0007962100001_500X500.jpg

I always liked bacon but now I adore it and I find myself getting very picky when it comes to my Bacon, right now this is my personal preference.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I find myself craving soft white bread. Haven't eaten it for years, now I have some every week. Have no idea why I suddenly want it now. Especially as a bacon sandwich. Mmmmm!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, walnuts and dark chocolate. I never used to eat any of those things. My doctor and I discovered that I have gluten and dairy sensitivities, so I can't eat a lot of the snacks I used to eat.

I replaced crackers and bread with corn tortillas and potato chips (within my calories so it's all good.) I eat dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate because I can get dairy free versions of dark chocolate and I can eat less dark chocolate (because it's so strong) and still satisfy my cravings. The walnuts I added because they help me get all my calories and fats since eliminating dairy made it hard for me to get it all in.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Fresh spinach, lightly steamed with BUTTER...I think the spinach is just an excuse for the butter.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It's funny that so many have mentioned peanut butter! I probably had peanut butter once in the last 5 years. I just didn't really care for it. Now I've had it on celery or breadsticks for the last 5 days! Even bought my own jar of super crunchy. I have tried to find something with fewer carbs since I'm T2 Diabetic and I think peanut butter's intense taste (sweet and salty) kind of satisfies me more than many other foods.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I've always been a huge fan of peanut butter but as far as veggies go I have to have my broccoli and brussel sprouts fix on a regular basis.
  • kdmbennett
    kdmbennett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I stopped craving chocolate and started craving caramel!
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & coffee
  • fin_like_a_fish
    fin_like_a_fish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with all the peanut butter responses, I've had more peanut butter in the past 3 months on MFP than in the past 10 years! I love it with bananas, or on Ryevita or a Corn Cake.

Have also been eating and craving lots of eggs, I love them poached with wilted spinach and a little reduced fat Salad Cream or soft boiled.

Also can't get enough on balsamic vinegar on salads..yum yum!
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I make most foods that I want and incorporate most things into my day when fancy, I just cook them, pizza, cakes, pasta bakes, curries. But I do miss real coffee, I'm on decaf but I LOVE proper coffee xx