Help I need support please

Options
Hello fellow fitness pals!!
I started this programme yesterday and must have ate my own body weight in food :-(
I couldn't help myself and could not stop eating junk food.
I have started this morning with a cuppa and some biscuits totalling 444 calories!
I need to get myself out of this stupid habit. I am off work this week and thought this would be the ideal opportunity, however, I m finding my self bored and planning what to eat next!

I am around 30 pounds overweight which is not easy to shift. I don't have any fitness buddies so I am relying on you guys to help me please.

Lots of love Babsy xx :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rainbowkim
    rainbowkim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi i am new too and i know how hard it can be to start. I have been on MFP for just over a week now. Feel free to add me i am on most days :)
  • andreafischer1982
    andreafischer1982 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi
    the start is always the hardest part, because you have to skip old habits and start the new YOU!
    Mostly i am alone for exercising too but i use my iphone with good music for running or cycling. and i go to a zumba class. And swimming. If you are doing it a lone you canconcentrate totally on you and maybe you find some new friends at your sport activities.

Think how happy you will be in a few weeks when the fist succsess will be visible that is a good morivation to start. I also banned all food i craved for in the first week like chocolats and stuff like that. Now it can be in the house and i don't care and if i want a bar i eat it but not 1 pound of chocolate.

Start today then in a few weeks you would wish you had started today

ALL THE BEST YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    Friend request sent and I will do what I can to support and encourage you.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    First thing you must do is log EVERYTHING if you aren't already. You won't know exactly what to change if you don't and nobody will be able to help properly either.

There are a few main things to aim for and that is a lot of fibre rich foods so that means lots of veggies, whole grains etc.. lots of water and that can be from any source of fluid but you must count the calories if it includes things like sugar of course and the other main thing is to eat a lot of protein as it will keep you satisfied longer than carbs. You must eat healthy fats too. All my life when I dieted with Weight Watchers I ate so little fat and it's not good for your hormones so eat avocado, nuts, coconut, extra virgin oilive oil, egg yolks etc..

Hope you do great!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Just by tracking what you are eatting you are making the first step, remember this is not a diet, you are here to develop the habits that will last the rest of your life and keep you healthy and happy. If you go over, do not sweat it, always tomorrow. Remember it takes 3500 calories to make 1 pound of fat. Keep your head up and you can and will do this. I have only been on here for a little over a year and have lost over 114 pounds. if you want to really get into the how and why this works, then read these threads.

Here is good info:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • joshuahase
    joshuahase Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to start, and it is free: http://www.drwayneandersen.com/resources/dr-a-30-day-challenge/

I was 60-70 pounds overweight, lost 20 already, and well on my way to my goal. There is so much more to equation than just the food you eat. I encourage anyone trying to create a healthy lifestyle for themselves to try out the 30 Day Challenge. I am currently on day 24 and have not felt this good in years.
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. Like others have said, the first step is getting here, then you log everything you eat, choose what you will do to improve your fitness, log that, drink water. Make some new friends who will help you to be accountable. Get up the next day and do it again!
    You have some days off of work. Get out of the house and do something. Go to the park, walk, go to the mall and window shop for the lovely things that you'll soon be in shape to wear.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Hello fellow fitness pals!!
    I started this programme yesterday and must have ate my own body weight in food :-(
    I couldn't help myself and could not stop eating junk food.
    I have started this morning with a cuppa and some biscuits totalling 444 calories!
    I need to get myself out of this stupid habit. I am off work this week and thought this would be the ideal opportunity, however, I m finding my self bored and planning what to eat next!

I am around 30 pounds overweight which is not easy to shift. I don't have any fitness buddies so I am relying on you guys to help me please.

Lots of love Babsy xx :flowerforyou:

A friend of mine started using MFP last month. She started the first 2 weeks eating her normal diet to see how much she really did eat, what she liked eating and where any trouble spots were.
    I think you should take this approach. Eat normally for this week and for one week at work to get a comparison and then start slowly and build up? Maybe cut calories by 200 and try and make sure you eat say 3 portions of fruit and veg? then maybe the week after cut again by 100 and add 4 portions and try and cook a healthy meal that you have never made before.

In the mean time I would research healthy eating and fitness.