no calories please

Options
i am going on holiday for two weeks in august and need to lose weight fast to get a beach ready body. what sorts of food fill you up and have barely any calories??

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    So, I'm just going to get straight to my point -- Starving yourself is a pretty dumb idea. :wink:
  • decemberg
    decemberg Posts: 26
    Options
    Look for foods high in fiber & low in sodium. Don't starve yourself...it won't help you.
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Loosing fast - is not healthy. How long have you been gaining? It will take about the same time to loose!
  • hhickey
    hhickey Posts: 3
    Options
    i do not want to starve myself but just lower my calorir intake as i am eating wayyyy too much!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you stick to 1200 net calories a day, you'll be fine. A good way to get ideas is to check out other people's food diaries. Mine's public (just click my avatar & then view diary)
  • elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You may want to try eating a protein source with each meal and snack. Start the day off with a very healthy meal like sauteed spinach with egg whites. Very low calories but filling and healthy. Later on maybe have a half apple with a few walnuts. Lunch try a chicken sandwich(maybe bell and evans chicken burgers) on 1 slice of ezekial bread. Skip all other bread and pasta products. Eat your veggies.

Excessive calorie reduction is terrible for weight loss. You may lose some weight fast but it will come right back on and more. In addition, placing your body in starvation mode will cause it to metabolize its own muscle tissue instead of fat stores. (The body will conserve its final 10 or 15 pounds of fat storage and metabolize its protein instead.) It will slow your metabolism for future weight loss efforts making future weight loss more difficult. The body will not forget what you did to it and the next time you try to lose weight, it will immediately store every bit of fat that it needs for energy and burn off muscle instead.

The only way to do it is slow and steady.:wink:

Don't forget to exercise and drink plenty of water.