Very frustrated!!!!

Options
I've been at this since Jan. 2. My friend who started with me is shrinking my the minute, and I'm up then down, up then down. I'm trying so hard, staying in my cal goal with the occasional treat and great workouts. I'm sure my antidepressants don't help, but trying not to use that as an excuse and blow it all. Argh!!!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Stop comparing yourself to others. I know it's hard if you can see someone around you who appears to be doing better than you are but weight loss varies from person to person.

Also, I've looked at your diary and you are only eating around 1000 cals some days and are not eating any exercise calories back - no wonder you are finding it hard to stick to your goal.

Aim to eat the allocated amount of calories that MFP has given you, then on exercise days eat back at least some of your exercise calories.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Did you not read IPOARM? You are a special snowflake.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    What Karen above said. Try and NET at least 1200 calories a day, if not a bit more. Your body needs the fuel to do all the hard exercising you're doing and may be holding on to every calorie to give you what you need and therefore not wanting to lose it. When I first started, after 2-3 months, I found myself exhausted and weight creeping off slower than slow. When I made sure to net around1400 calories a day, voila! The weight melted off quite nicely -- and has stayed off since last July. (BTW, MFP just shows 13 pounds lost for me, but it was a total of 20.)
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This past week I didn't log well, so that is why I was around 1000 calls. But if you look back further, I defenitely hit 1500 or higher. I used to eat my exercise calls back but have recently stopped to see if it helps with loss. I'm trying to shake it up a bit since eating what MFP gives me plus exercise wasn't working. And I do wear a HRM with a strap to get my exercise calls, and I also wear a fitbit and hit 10000 steps a day. My cal goal 1540 is TDEE - 20%.
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree that you need to be more consistent with your logging and you should be eating more. The less you eat, the more your body will hold onto whatever you want to lose. Very low calories also messes with your hormones. Neither has a positive effect on weight loss.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    This past week I didn't log well, so that is why I was around 1000 calls. But if you look back further, I defenitely hit 1500 or higher. I used to eat my exercise calls back but have recently stopped to see if it helps with loss. I'm trying to shake it up a bit since eating what MFP gives me plus exercise wasn't working. And I do wear a HRM with a strap to get my exercise calls, and I also wear a fitbit and hit 10000 steps a day. My cal goal 1540 is TDEE - 20%.

I am a bit confused; are you now following MFP or TDEE? Are you doing TDEE AND eating back your exercise cals? As this isn't right.

You do need to be consistent with your logging. Record everything - even the bad days. It's very hard to offer help when we don't know exactly what you are eating.

Also, try not to compare yourself to your friend. Everyone is different.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi I have looked back through your diary and it seems that you are overloading on carbs, a lot of them processed and not eating anywhere near enough protein. You really need to hit your TDEE -20% a day or as close as you can get, if you don't log you cannot know what you are consuming. Really take a look at your food intake, try and reduce any processed carbs from cookies, candy, ice cream etc and up your lean protein intake. Exercise is only a small part of losing weight, if you do not eat right then you can exercise as much as you would like and not lose. its 90% diet.

Hang in there, re-assess and good luck and do take look at the above link, it will help xxx
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your frustration. There are many people on here who are doing so much better than me. On Monday I saw a picture of a friend who used to be bigger than me who is now obviously a lot smaller. My first reaction was jealousy, then I realized her weight loss started months before mine and I just couldn't compare myself to her. This is a marathon not a sprint, so hang in there. You can do it.