This is my day 1..

Options
Hi all, My name is Samantha 33yras old mom of 3. this is my day 1. This is going to be super hard i have a lot to do. Smoking eating right, therapist, Idk if I should start with all 3 or take a month and integrate all of them over a 30 day time period. lol that is my husbands idea. He wants to survive the next 30 days lol. If so idk which to start with, I do know today is day one and I will start making better choices today!!!

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It is possible to do all three though hard. My personal opinion and I am no expert is that I would quit smoking first and be mindful of what I am eating by tracking here. That way you can have an idea of what needs to change and get that smoke away from your precious babies right away. I quit over seven years ago. The sites that were the most helpful for me were WhyQuit.com and QuitNet. You do not need to pay to join Quitnet. I have been an unpaying member all these years. Best of luck to you. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you.
  • ALY2380
    ALY2380 Posts: 29
    Options
    33 year old looking to quit smoking & get healthy too! Not a mom yet but maybe someday :) I'll add you & we can do this together!
  • HunterTrouble
    HunterTrouble Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Start exercising! Gasping for breath while you are working out is the best motivation to stop smoking ever!
  • Otchcake
    Otchcake Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me too! I am a 30-year-old mommy of 2 and this is my first day changing my eating habits :)
  • awilkerson76
    Options
    Hi there! This is my first day too. I'm a 37 year old mother of four that has put on an unneeded 30 pounds in the last few months and am ready to do this right and get somewhat of a figure back. Please feel free to add me to your friends list and hopefully all of us newbies will be a good inspiration to each other. I'm heading to the gym in a little bit before work and gonna start this first day right. Again, nice to meet everyone
  • ertucker64
    Options
    You can do it
  • newdaytoday
    Options
    I think your goals are awesome and important. I think its important to remember that we are not perfect and if we have a bad day we haven't failed! I am 27 and a first time mom. Since having my son 8 months ago, I have not lost the baby weight and gained about 12 lbs, I am just starting my journey to. :happy:
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    hi there I am a 37 year old mommy to a 11 year old daughter. I would start with quitting smoking first like the other lady said. the nicotine can ruin the taste of the foods you eat. my sister in law said that when I asked her why she only drinks coke and eats sugar. she said it was because everything she ate she tasted the nicotine.
  • CATHYGAYM
    CATHYGAYM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I think all your goals are awesome the fact that you want to do them all at once sure says you are ready to make some positive changes to get healthier. If I was to pick 1 that I wanted to focus on 100% to start I'd start with quitting smoking.
    You want to be careful or conscious of not overwhelming yourself, getting discouraged because of such high expectations of yourself.

I have found what works for me is to set a long term goal that I want to work towards but to also set short term goals that makes gettting there easier. Setting short term goals for a week or up to a month feels more manageable.
    Example may be if I am trying to change my eating habits to eat healthier some short term goals might be;
    - I am going to pack a lunch everyday this week for work so not to buy lunch out so that I may make healthier choices.
    - I am going to cut down my coffee consumption from 3 - 1 cup a day
    - I am not going to eat after 8 pm, not buy pre packaged processed foods etc
    By adding in 1 or just a couple of new smaller goals in gradually you will feel empowered and good about yourself when you do them, you may even say to yourself , "Wow, that was easier then I thought it was going to be, I did it! " .

I have also really appreciated the friends I have here on MFP - I find their victories and efforts inspire and encouage me also.