Name your sneakers....

Options
Right now I have Saucony Excursion TR4's. I've been wearing saucony sneakers for the past 2 years. They feel the best. Before that I use Mizono until they discontinued the type I had.

What does everyone wear?

I'm always interested in everyone's pref's.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've got Nike+ something or other.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I wear the New Balance WR760. I went to a store called Running Wild and they watched me walk barefoot and what not and tried different shoes. I've had them for about 2.5 months and have had no more issues with my knees like I was with my old shoes :) They said I pronate alot.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've got Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10 in the extra wide width (happy toes!!) and I am starting to use Vibram Five Finger Sprints (also, happy toes!) but I don't expect the Vibrams to become my "go to" shoes.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nothing but new balance for me :)
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nike Dart for inside aerobics and elliptical and Adidas for outside running/walking/mowing grass
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what I have right now! :ohwell: I'm not brand loyal ... I have big wide platypus feet so whatever I can find that fits and is comfy works for me :wink:
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    I also prefer Saucony, currently I have a model of the Pro Grid. LOVE THEM! But I always keep an open mind and try on other brands. The past 3 years I have always picked the Saucony brand!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Saucony RIDE profgrid.... UnderArmour cartilage.......aesics 730 All good sneakers. I just tend to rotate which ones I wear. My faves are the Saucony.
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't wear sneakers (although I love that you call them sneakers, not tennis shoes!). I wear these bad boys:
    Vibram-fivefingers_sprint_slate300.jpg

www.vibramfivefingers.com

They're part of this whole "barefoot running" craze but they are truly awesome shoes. I desperately want to buy the new ones designed specifically for running (Bikila - and they're PINK! :love: ) but don't really have the $100 at the moment.

Word to the wise though: If you buy a pair of VFFs, do not immediately go jogging or running in them. They use muscles in your feet and legs that you are not used to using, so you really have to work your way up to running in them. I wore mine all around town, around the house, on short walks, etc. for probably 2 months before actually putting them to the test. A few weeks ago, I ran maybe a total of a mile in them and my legs were on fire and sore for a day or two. But that's good considering I used to never feel like I got anything from a good run, aside from cardio and sweat. Now I feel like I'm building muscle while running!
  • landa93
    landa93 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love my Vibrams five finger shoes. It does take a little while to get use to them but they feel wonderful now.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Nike Shox
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ianda & Tobi, what kind of VFFs do you have?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    New balance 806 all terrains for workouts, I've had these things for 7 years (originally bought them for a softball league lol) and they don't quit
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

Vibram-fivefingers_sprint_slate300.jpg

Well aren't these the coolest shoes ever! :love:
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd pair of Mizuno Nirvana's....love them!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Asics 2140s. I guess I'm gonna have to get the 2150s next time. I love these shoes.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Ianda & Tobi, what kind of VFFs do you have?

I just purchased my first pair last week. Since I was just starting out, I decided to go with the Sprint. I have been very happy with them and slip them on every time I am going out for a walk.

Edited to say: Just realized that I was answering sherrie while also mentioning her first post (with the pic). I need a freakin' nap! lol!
  • melch
    melch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am an MBT girl through and through - love them really feel my legs working out when I wear them :oD
  • disneyfetishboy
    disneyfetishboy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I too have made the shift to no shoes/minimalist shoes after years of injuries, and have been injury free ever since.

I wear Terraplana EVOs for most activities (including road and trail running, basketball, and other indoor cardio), and VFF KSOs for running and martial arts. I like them both about equally, but give a slight edge to the EVOs because I don't particularly care for explaining my shoes to 20 people every time I go out.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I purchased my shoes at Payless in January. They were advertised as running shoes. I've never worn a shoe this comfy! They are starting to become my regular shoes as my birthday gets closer (asking relatives to help fund a fitting for a pair of real running shoes). Anyway, mine are black Champion Scores. My mom calls them the Clod Hoppers.