Food or exercise. What's your problem?

Options
My problem is food. Exercise makes you feel GREAT, relieves stress and I love it. Not saying I do it but when I do I enjoy it so much! It's not that I eat so much, it's the things I eat! I'll have something like this.

4AM snack (when my baby usually wakes up.) - 3-5 cookies chips ahoy and a half a cup of milk.

Do those 4 chips ahoy cookies fill me up? NO! Not even close. Do they have nutritional value? No. Are they high in calories? Very high.

My daily calorie limit is only 1200 and that goes pretty quick. Sometimes I give myself 1370 but even still eating things like that through out the day wipe me out of calories.

It's 160 for 3 cookies. That adds up quick. I eat, eat, eat because I'm not full and like the flavor of them.

So guys, what's your problem? Food? Or exercise?

Replies

• DennyHodge
    DennyHodge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Food!

Exercise is the easy part for me. I never miss workouts unless I am too sick to workout. I run 6 days a week, usually 120-140 miles a month, train MMA, play basketball, and lift.

Food on the other hand????

That's the battle and that's why I'm here. To honestly track what I'm eating. Looking at it laid out has been sobering and has helped me make better choices, and it has paid off.

Nice..... Now I'm hungry
  • JVazquez11
    JVazquez11 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's really not a choice of food or excercise - it's the choice of snack foods. Try some healthy snacks that fill you that are dense in fiber so you feel fuller. Have some fruit, nuts (not too many) or some of the new fiber bars on the market which are also very healthy for you. Also try eating two to three small snacks a day between meals to keep your blood sugar levels down so you don't feel constantly hungry. Congrats on the Baby!
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Definitely food lol, I have tried to schedule about half my calories for the latter part of the day because I would just snack and snack otherwise. When I'm in college I am busy and a couple of protein shakes is enough to keep me going. But it makes me worried that it will make my diet less efficient, even though the whole idea of eating late adding weight has been pretty much debunked at this stage (especially since I'm on a deficit). :/
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Food. Oh my god, food. I love to eat. Working out is a piece of cake for me...I love the stress relief and I never miss a workout.
    I could eat junk, crap, fast food, fried food ALL THE TIME :(
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Food for sure! I am a recovering junk food addict and just like any other bad habit, it is definitely hard to kick. I constantly have to tell myself to "Just Say No!"
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to both! They are both so awesome. I only take a break from either when I'm really sick...
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Runs 10 miles and then eats a full pizza, my bad! :laugh:
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Food, food, food! Love working out, usually only rest on Sundays. But food... ugh. I'm down to the last 20 lbs I want to lose and I've been stuck since November 2012. Can't seem to budge at all. I've lost a few inches in that time (I'm in the last month of P90X right now) but my weight is going no where. I try not to focus on the scale too much but when I look in the mirror and the belly pudge just isn't going away...sigh. Frustrating. But I'm going to keep at it, trying different things until the extra flab is GONE!!!
  • NancyYMCA
    NancyYMCA Posts: 18
    Options
    For me its a combination of both. If I were to be honest about it, I exercise to support my eating habits!! :)

With that said, if food is your problem, make smarter choices. If cookies is your go-to midnight snack, try sliced apples dipped in nutella. But measure the stuff out in a container that you can simply pop the top. Slice the apples before you go to bed. Another good one is celery dipped in peanutbutter or some other nut butter. Either snack will help fill you up and will stick longer than processed food (aka. Chips A Hoy). :)

Good luck.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Food. Glorious food. I just love food. I like exercise too, thankfully. I'd be built like a house otherwise!
    I am always thinking about what I can eat or cook next. Can't eat 1200 in a day? I can inhale that in 5 minutes!!
  • ameliebaignoire
    Options
    Honestly I pretty much suck at both, I'm surprised I don't weigh like much more!

But maybe food is worse, because I comfort eat all the time, and lately I got lazy preparing it, so I just make mac. Eek!

Exercise, on the other hand, I love if it's dancing. Pretty much the only thing for me. :)
  • deerondrugs
    Options
    For now I'm the only one whose problem are exercises. I need to force myself to do them, any squats, push-ups or riding stationary bike that stands in my room doesn't make me any pleasure. The only exercise thing i love are dance/fitness classes, but sometimes I'm home later than the last class end so it's hard for me to attend them for a long time :((
    I'm still hoping that finally I'll find the fitness class and the time that fits my schedule.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Exercise for me!

I can get in the routine of eating really well. Love all these superfoods, awesome recipies, healthy snacks..

Its exercise (gym particularily) that I can eaisly stray away from.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Remove the cookies from your house and replace them with something healthy. Problem solved.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Food is my big problem.

I exercise twice a day, I have my lazy moments yes, but still a lot easier for me than getting a good grip on my eating,
  • EpicHeather
    Options
    Definitely food. If something tastes good, then I tend to eat a lot of it.... But, if I exercise a lot then I tend to stay on top of my cravings, etc.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Definately food. I'm a serious carbo-holic and still looking for a 12 step program to cure me of it. I love food....and everything that's bad for me is my favorite!!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Food!

hands down I am just now getting me to eat more. I was undereating

exercise is routine for me so I have no problem with it.

I do have trouble making healthier eating choices
  • DozzFit
    DozzFit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    -Beer for me.

Lousy calorie waster. Sets me back every time! ;)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Food, definitely... exercise I manage to get in since I play volleyball twice a week and I am kind of a night owl, so I will go to the gym at 9pm or later.

I need to spend more time prepping healthy foods, so I just don't grab and go with something not so healthy. We have a 3 yr old, who is a whirlwind and happily takes up most of my time when I'm home at night. Healthy meals are not the problem, it's my snacking...