Advice please on changing my routine!

Options
Hey guys :)
Over the course of about 2 years I've gone from 11st 6 to just over 10st (it fluctuates). My ideal weight would be anywhere between 8 1/2st and 9 1/2st, but I can't seem to shed the last few stones.

My calorie intake is 1200 a day but I quite often struggle to stick to that. I also heard upping the calorie intake my cause weight loss as it confuses your body. Should I up mine?

Also, should I be eating more protein?

At the moment my exercise routine is to work out for 30 mins, 3 times a week. Day one is cardio, but the rest are strength exercises as I really enjoy that. but I'm now wondering what type of exercises to do. My goal is to get stronger, but I'm afraid I might bulk up before i've lost enough weight and end up looking bigger rather than losing weight and getting fitter at the same time.
I just kinda don't know what to do to shift it! Should I be doing cardio then waiting a while to do strength exercises?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    You won't bulk up, just lift. Do a little cardio if you want, but preferably on a non lifting day. If you have to do them on the same day, always lift first and do cardio after. You can up your calories if you'd like and ideal protein intake is 1g per pound of lean body mass.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Increase your calories so that you are netting 1500 and increase your stength training to 3 days with 1 or 2 days cardio
  • Heartcorecuteness
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try more strength and exercise and see how that goes :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try more strength and exercise and see how that goes :)

if you are increasing the exercise make sure you are fueling your body enough.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You won't "bulk up". Period. Strength training will make you look SMALLER, not bigger. Eat moderately consistently instead of the wild swings of 1200 days to huge binge days. You can do this!