Scale won't move - and getting frustrated. Periods suck!

Options
I was down to 183.2 - but now I'm up to 185.2.

I think it's because of my period, but it's frustrating to see the scale not move. :(

It makes me want to give up. Ugh.

Replies

• Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Three weeks a month, I see very little movement. Once a month, I drop about 5-6 lbs in one week.

Slow 'n steady. It's not a weekl progress but maybe a monthly progress, depending on your body.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That's why I find it important for me to weigh myself every morning. I have started to understand how sparkling water, salt, period, exercise, affect the weight and do not get upset and worried when I see it going up even 6 lb. Stick to what you have been doing and the scale will go down eventually.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That's why I find it important for me to weigh myself every morning. I have started to understand how sparkling water, salt, period, exercise, affect the weight and do not get upset and worried when I see it going up even 6 lb. Stick to what you have been doing and the scale will go down eventually.

Same. I know people always tell you to not weigh every day. I used to have an unhealthy scale addiction where every small gain would drive me nuts. Now I use it to learn from it and hold me accountable. I now know that eating chocolate at night has absolutely no negative effect on my weight, I now know that not drinking green tea after diner can have a negative effect, I now know that the water retention during my period will come right off when I get off my period, so I don't panic ;)
  • stephanieadorman
    stephanieadorman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's just so frustrating because it's my first real plateau that I can't attribute to me being a slack *kitten*.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's just so frustrating because it's my first real plateau that I can't attribute to me being a slack *kitten*.

It's not a plateau ;) wait it out, it will come off soon.
  • cidalia73
    cidalia73 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I NEVER weigh myself just before, during, and up to a week after my period. EVER. We all gain water weight during that time of the month, so why torture yourself with some stupid numbers on the scale?