What are some foods that your glad you gave up or limited?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cryck84
    Cryck84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hardly eat bread anymore. I have cut down on cheese. I am battling with chips and trying to eat popcorn instead. There are no restaurants and no liquor store here, so not having that temptation makes things easier. Since joining MFP it has really opened my eyes to how many calories are in my favourite foods - I didn't realize my homemade mac'n'cheese was my downfall! Never really drank much pop. Also I used to have 2 eggs + toast 4 days a week but now I have rice krispies with skim or an oatmeal muffin.

Smaller breakfast and lunch is good for me - I don't have an afternoon crash anymore!

In list form:
    Foods I have limited:

chips
    switched from 2% to skim milk
    alcoholic drinks
    bread/bagels
    I eat more chicken or lean pork instead of beef
    Cheese :( I miss cheese
    pasta + potato
    homemade mac'n'cheese - I only make this on days we go snowshoeing, since that pretty much doubles the amount I can eat that day!
    chips
    switched from 2% to skim milk
    alcoholic drinks
    bread/bagels
    I eat more chicken or lean pork instead of beef
    Limited eggs
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    SODAS!!!!! I was an addict from the jump! It took me a month of Excedrin to get over the headaches but I am a year clean!!
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing. As long as it fits into my calorie & macro goals, I'm gonna eat it.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    SODA. So glad I don't drink them but once every blue moon. Was one of the best things I could stop.