Bucket List...

Options
The recent death of my dad and that impending big birthday approaching (you know, the one with the four and a zero in it) has me thinking a lot about life... and even more so just how quickly time passes... So I am making a bucket list. I am tired of watching others living while I sit on the sidelines. So no more!

So let me hear it, if you have a bucket list, or if you were going to make one, what would you put on it? And trust me, nothing is too big or too little....

I'll start... A few things on mine would be to complete a half marathon (not even necessarily run one, just finish) and to go to San Francisco (never been... have always wanted to go) and a big one, do a mission trip to work with children in another country.

I have many more things but would love to hear other's ideas. So... GO!

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Through-hike the Continental Divide Trail would be on my bucket list. Do all 3100 miles in one long expedition.
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Finish my list of self-improvement and removing the things I added to another list of "Things I don't do right" like I don't call my mother enough, or I don't spend enough quality time with my kids, (those kind of things). I want to bike or climb to the highest point in every state, I want to bike the most dangerous road in the world, I want to finish visit all continents (missing Antarctica), so many more things to name.

a432_death.jpg
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Don't have a bucket list, I'm living the life right now. Weight loss aside (most of the weight gain coming from adventures) life is pretty damn lucky right now :)
  • Davis911
    Davis911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Life is so precious!

I started on my bucket list when I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my leg about 5 years ago (this was after dropping from 313lbs to 250lbs). I took up learning to swim and a novice at scuba diving. I'm even more persistent now due to the pulmonary embolism I had last May - I'm 39, healthy, almost back to my weight goal, and will be on coumadin the rest of my life so I might as well make the best of it...

Other items are my list is to go on an African safari and photography the big 5 as well as travel to Europe...
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    RV to all lower 48 states. Participate in a half marathon (don't tell my friends about that, they'd probably pass out). Visit Paris in the spring. Actually, pretty much most of Europe would be acceptable.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Catch a fish in all 50 states and all 7 species of black bass (I've actually caught 4 different ones in one day here in TX).
  • Go_Silly
    Go_Silly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've already started full-filling my bucket list but would also add to it my wish to lose the 100+ lbs. I've set out to do, be a positive influence not only to my children but also to others AND.......take a life time dream trip to the Fiji Islands! :drinker:

My most important wishes?....to laugh often, be happy, healthy and a positive influence that will be remembered by many. :smile:
  • coacherik
    coacherik Posts: 73
    Options
    Been working on mine for several years... Last Summer Visited Rome & Venice... Still want to do Greece, London, Paris, Moskow, but I would drop a few of them for Venice again. Oh Yeah, Austrailia... Fuji... And As always.... ARUBA is my Happy Place!
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Go for my third degree black belt, do the disney goofy challenge, run an ultra marathon, have a kid
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've completed one bucket list before I was 30. It was a long one too.

I've made a new one recently. Some of the items I have listen now are:

- Salar de Uyuni
    - Patagonia
    - Complete a triathlon
    - Complete a marathon
    etc
  • jello1369
    jello1369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have almost 50 things on my list...here's a few, learn to scuba dive, go to the galapagos, see the northern lights, take a hot air balloon ride (completed), write a book, take my daughter to a dude ranch, get my degree (in progress) and many many more.
  • jello1369
    jello1369 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Been working on mine for several years... Last Summer Visited Rome & Venice... Still want to do Greece, London, Paris, Moskow, but I would drop a few of them for Venice again. Oh Yeah, Austrailia... Fuji... And As always.... ARUBA is my Happy Place!

Ahh...Venice. I would move to Venice in a heart beat if I had the money!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I started mine just now at work. Here's a rough draft so I can access is later (I typed it on my notepad and can't save it at the end of the day)

Road trip bucket list: Atlanta, Philly, Memphis, New York City (photograph city skylines- at night, and display the photos in my new custom built home)

Hiking: I'm still working on a list of places to hike. Doesn't have to be the hardest hike, just one with great scenery and worth the work. I'm open to suggestions, starting in Virginia. I've already done Sharp Top.

Career certifications: ACE Personal Trainer, ACE Health Coach, Zumba Instructor.

Achievements: (will fill this in later)

Acquirements: Custom built home, new car

Family: restore a car with Daddy, take my son to Disney (and my mom, so she can ride the teacups)

These are just a few I came up with in the last few minutes.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    -Scale a mountain that is at least 18,000 feet.
    -Run a marathon.
  • Danalynn39
    Options
    I don't really have a bucket list at this time. However the guy who inspired this website I found on another page makes me really consider to make a list. And call it the get healthy list. Start making myself levels to build up to and getting healthy at the same time.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/epic-quest/
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lub5xm1tNx1qblc8xo1_250.gif

tumblr_lub5xm1tNx1qblc8xo4_250.gif

IN all seriousness though, I would like to see the Rocky Mountains, visit England and Tudor sites such as Hever Castle and the tower of London. Then to France and see the Palace at Versailles.
  • gigglebabe101
    gigglebabe101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ive been working on mine slowly:

Go to madagascar
    See the Northern Lights (in Alaska)
    Be someones role model
    lose weight
    Hot Air balloon ride (later this month)
    Laugh more
    Spend more time with the people I care about.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Run a Marathon
    Hike Long's Peak
    Travel to Italy, Greece, & France
    See the Northern Lights (my in-laws live in Alaska, so hopefully this will happen sometime!)
    Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride
    Go Parasailing (already went Skydiving!)
  • stressedmum73
    Options
    I turn 40 in December and my bucket list is

Run London Marathon. My Dad passed away in 2002 from non hodgkins lymphoma and ran this in 1981. I didnt get a place and have had toe surgery this year so will be doing the New Forest half marathon in September (my first half)

Go to Glastonbury Festival...forgot to register so missed when tickets went on sale

Would love to go to Iceland and Alaska

Want to revisit Paris, Las Vegas and Germany
  • jumpingsparrow
    Options
    My condolences to you and your family.

One of the things on my bucket list:

SkyJump from the Stratosphere in Vegas. It's a free fall from the 108th floor (855 feet!). Talk about an adrenaline rush!