Breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• MistyWaits1988
    MistyWaits1988 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am learning to stay away from most cereal, I know that may be hard to do! However, if you are trying to cut back on sugar go for something like plain oat meal or even the lower sugar ones. Try to have a protein shake on days when you know you will be very active, it also keeps you full longer. I love the idea someone posted on here about making and freezing breakfast burritos...I will have to give that a try. Also, you can look up a ton of stuff online at www.livestrong.com I love their oatmeal recipes :) Best of wishes to you on your journey of being a healthier you.
  • pdammert
    pdammert Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm so glad to see all these great ideas. I've been astounded by the amount of sugar in the simplest of foods. I am really going to have to adjust my breakfast routine. Just one "Stolen Moments Cooking - Oatmeal Breakfast Bar" and my usual coffee with cream & sugar and I've hit my sugar max for the day. {{{ heavy sigh }}}
  • jay11284
    jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see all these great ideas. I've been astounded by the amount of sugar in the simplest of foods. I am really going to have to adjust my breakfast routine. Just one "Stolen Moments Cooking - Oatmeal Breakfast Bar" and my usual coffee with cream & sugar and I've hit my sugar max for the day. {{{ heavy sigh }}}

Yea, it's amazing how much sugar can be in something even if it's labeled to be healthy. I used to be a cream and one sugar in my coffee guy too, switching to black has been great. I feel less bloated after breakfast and it helps cut out some calories and sugar since I have a coffee in the morning and a coffee in the afternoon.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe and I've been hooked ever since!

Drink Yourself to a Flat Belly: Pineapple Kale Blueberry Smoothie

Tomorrow morning, sip on this deliciously sweet smoothie packed with ingredients that fight belly fat and reduce bloating — all for under 300 calories.

The Greek yogurt in the recipe provides a good amount of calcium and protein, both of which can aid in weight loss. The smoothie also contains several ingredients — like blueberries — which have been shown to help diminish belly fat. If that's not enough, you also get the sweetness of pineapple, which contains an enzyme that helps ease digestion and banish bloat. You won't be able to taste the kale, which is full of fiber to prevent constipation, as well as calorie-free water to help clean you out.

Ingredients
    3 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon almond butter
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple
    1 cup kale
    3/4 cup water

Directions
    1.Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
    2.Enjoy immediately.
    Makes one serving.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothie -
    1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1-3 cups of greens (mixed greens, kale, spinach, lettuce, bok choy)
    1/2 cup of carrots
    1 cup of fruit (berries, peaches, mango, mixed fruit)
    1 med banana
    1 TBSP ground flax seed
    1 TBSP raw hemp protein powder (or 1/2 scoop of protein powder)
    1/8 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp ground ginger

Waffles with fruit
    2 Whole grain waffles (like Kashi)
    1/4 cup of 2% cottage cheese
    2 TBSP blueberries
    2 tsp sliced almonds
    2 oz Canadian Bacon