My tastiest lunch EVER

Options
I just had a Subway turkey and ham wrap with all the salad and ranch sauce and it was sooo filling and tasty - just 334 calories.

YUM.

Admittedly, I'm not all that clued up on healthy eating. I try, but wouldn't want to become obsessed by it! So is eating Subway healthy??

Replies

• gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    WAY better than some other fast food choices out there!! As for truly healthy, I guess it depends on what your nutritional goals are. Sounds like you're more interested in easy swaps to overall improve your nutrition/diet vs. a big overhaul of your life (e.g. Avoiding all processed foods, vegan, etc). If that's true, then Subway is a pretty good choice!
  • bc119
    bc119 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WAY better than some other fast food choices out there!! As for truly healthy, I guess it depends on what your nutritional goals are. Sounds like you're more interested in easy swaps to overall improve your nutrition/diet vs. a big overhaul of your life (e.g. Avoiding all processed foods, vegan, etc). If that's true, then Subway is a pretty good choice!

I agree completely!

I think there's "cleaner" options (especially in terms of sugars in the sauces/condiments, etc.)... but there's definitely a lot worse too! I enjoy Subway at least once a week :)

If it was relatively healthy, you enjoyed it, it was within your calories, you're not obsessing over details and you're losing weight? I don't see any problems!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    <3 Subway, too bad our paths don't cross too often
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love subway too! That being said, I always find I am insanely thirsty an hour after I eat it. I am not one to really worry about sodium but subway does seem to effect me. Just drink sme extra water on a day you choose to eat there :wink:
  • CillitBang
    CillitBang Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying folks :) I'm getting that tomorrow again for sure.

Yeah, gnalani, just easy swaps and better choices but I'll always eat a little bit of not so good stuff here and there. Like the white chocolate and strawberry muffin this afternoon. Aaargh!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I just had a Subway turkey and ham wrap with all the salad and ranch sauce and it was sooo filling and tasty - just 334 calories.

YUM.

Admittedly, I'm not all that clued up on healthy eating. I try, but wouldn't want to become obsessed by it! So is eating Subway healthy??

It depends on how you define "healthy" but in my book, it usually is not healthy because most medical data points to processed meat as one of the worst things you can eat from an increased risk of disease standpoint.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I had to stop going to Subway. I had a sandwich there, came home, and found out it had 1400 g sodium. Gee I wonder why I was so thirsty....