53 Days down

Options
Update: I posted my one month progress and I was going to wait until I reached 2 months to post again but after my weekly weigh in and pics I was too excited to wait! I even just got back from vacation for a week and still managed to have success :) Thanks for looking!

Posted March 11:
Ok so recently I hit my breaking poing with how I was feeling about myself and my eating habits were out of control. I knew that eating helathy and exercising alone was not going to help me because I felt like I have been trying my whole life. Knowing that my overeating was linked to my emotions I decided I was going to get all the help I could get and that once I was open and accepted that I had a problem it would be easier to deal with things.
So started going to overeaters anonymous, seeing a therapist, a nutrionist, counting every single thing I ate, planned every meal and snack the night before and started working out three times a week. In the last couple weeks I have increased my workouts and I do not eat all of my exercise cals back but most of them.
I have cut out refined sugar by about 95%, stopped drinking, eat whole grains proteins and try to only eat healthy carbs. All I can say is why didn't I try this sooner.
Some people (including me) fail and try and fail and try and for me I knew I needed more and I needed professional help.
It is kind of rediculous but in one month I have dropped 28 lbs. I feel incredible! I know I will start to plateau at any day but I am not worried about it I just have to take it one day at a time.
I think the most shocking part for me was realizing how much I was actually eating before to keep me at this weight and continue to gain.
I feel like I dont have to hide anymore and everyday I wake up with a smile on my face, I don't cry all the time feeling sorry for myself and I am actually happy. This is only the beginning of an amazing journey and I can only say it is so worth it but the it is your decision you have to want it.
Thanks for listening :)

7weekprogress.jpg

Replies

• liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job! An inspiration for sure! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    SOOO amazing!! Congratulations!!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look great! Amazing progress! Keep up the great work!
  • alopez2011
    Options
    ow what a diffrence , great job!
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congrats hon you look great
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    What great progress!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    congrates on not giving up. We all have to find what works for us. I finally gave in and had lap band surgery Nov 2012. I had tried everything atleas once. So far I have lost 60 ponds and feeling alot better. I work out atleast 3 times a week and can tell that walking is so much easier. I still have 140 to go to reach my goal. I am new to the message boards and finding alot of interesting ideas. The important thing is not to give up.
  • Soontobethinlindsay
    Options
    Wow! You are looking fantastic, you must feel fabulous. Keep it up!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your progress is great!! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

I know just what you mean and have always known "what" to eat but I just ate too much and couldn't stop! I'm now finally on the right track and have lost 11 pounds in two weeks. Can I add to my friends? I find it rare to find someone who actually knows what I am going through
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're looking great!
  • tiffanyarowell
    Options
    Congrats! You look great, keep up the awesome work!
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow, great progress! You go girl.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    No wonder you were excited! That's a fantastic difference between those pics - congratulations!

This will sound silly but I just had to google to see if US and UK lbs were the same as your 260lb pic looks like me when I was 181 (UK) - turns out they're the same but I just look fatter lol
  • grancran
    grancran Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    loved the pictures, you are looking great. its nice to watch your body change isnt it. I have lost a total of 33 lbs and I like seeing the changes so far on my body. I ended up putting a few lbs back on though so I joined up on here a couple of weeks ago. i like how you see your progress and can see when it is happeneing and I like how you can keep track of what you are eating. Keep up the good work, you look awesome
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm glad you realized you needed help and got it! So many people don't! So happy for you :)
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great job, So glad that you did this for yourself and took the tie to change for you!!! Keep it up, you are doing AMAZING!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    wow thats great progress!! keep it up. you will be smokin hot in no time!!
  • ShauniePooh
    ShauniePooh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job! You look FANTABULOUS!!!!!!! LOL Keep up the good work! By the way, you look at least five years younger already. :smile:
  • ashleynlane
    Options
    You look great! Loving all of these forums! Really pushing me to continue to my goal and not give up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!