Greek Yogurt aftertaste

Options
I eat Yoplait Greek 100 Lemon and Peach flavors....

lately I swear I taste cigarette ashes in my mouth, like I've just smoked a cigarette....no I don't smoke but I remember that taste anywhere...

Anybody else??? Bleck!!

Replies

• dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cant help you on the taste, but, I am a total greek yogurt addict.

If your interested in cutting sugar levels down (the fruit flavored yogurts can be pretty high), why dont you try:

Plain Greek Yogurt (I use 0%)
    Add cinnamon and/or
    berries and/ or
    shredded coconut and/or
    vanilla extract and/or
    splenda

I dont seem to have any after taste from any of the above. =)
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It might be the sweeteners you're tasting. I have use plain greek yogurt and mix in fresh fruit or defrost frozen fruit. I also add ground flaxseed for some fiber - and it gives it a nutty taste.

I became a total yogurt snob after trying the full fat Cabot greek yogurt. I weigh it out because if I ate an entire cup, it would be 300 calories! But it tastes amazing. It went on sale last week and I now have 4 32 oz. containers in my fridge!

I occasionally buy flavored yogurts if they are on sale, but then I always end up regretting it because they just don't taste as good as my own concoction!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I get a weird aftertaste after eating yoplait (which is why I stopped years ago) and some od the Greek yogurts are no different. I mix my own at home so I know what flavorings are in them and how much sugar. I don't like to eat the fake sugars.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That particular variety has acesulfame potassium. (spelling may be wrong here) That is an artificial sweetener. I stopped eating the 100 calorie variety for this reason. Might I add, the fat free yogurt really isn't that great for you anyway. We need a certain amount of fat to absorb certain nutrients.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I just can't get a taste for it. I have tried several kinds and flavors and they all taste nasty to me. Maybe I have tried the wrong ones.
  • tong806
    tong806 Posts: 9
    Options
    I think the lemon taste is not real lemon, it might be lemon flavor acid added in, so that made your taste funny.

Try to make your own yogurt, and add sugar or other sweetener by yourself, add real fruit in it, I am sure you will like the real taste yogurt. :tongue:

You can find lots how to make homemade yogurt in this website: (http://www.easy-homemade-yogurt.com)
    Also strain your homemade plain yogurt to Greek yogurt bu using yogurt cheese maker: (http://www.easy-homemade-yogurt.com/Yogurt-Cheese-Maker.html), it works great for me, I love it.

Good luck!:wink:
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I can't eat any of the 'flavored' yogurts for this reason.

I get Fage 0% plain
    mix in either protein powder, a little bit of honey, or peanut butter.

Berries or Banana

Enjoy :-)
  • creatureofthewind
    Options
    Great ideas. I can not stand yogurt but I know it's so good for you.