Dinner tonight....

Options
Melis25Fit
Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
I don't know what to have. I can go to the store and grab some ingredients or can go to subway?
HELP!
What are you having? What should I have?
Hey, thanks friends!

Replies

• mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    what do you have in your pantry? some quick ones...I always turn to when in a crunch

- canned tuna with brown rice drizzled with balsamic vinegar+olive oil add tomatoes, parley.
    - egg whites with whatever filling with side salad
    - Seared Ahi-Tuna crusted with sesame seeds + Mayo/Sambal Olek in an english muffin +salad
    - romaine with seared chicken breasts
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I got some brisket in a crock pot for 12 hours :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken strips breaded with crushed corn flakes (flour and eggs are also involved) with a side of frozen corn.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    steak, sweet potato, roasted cauliflower. Maybe one glass of red zinfandel.
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    I have chicken marinating in minced onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, lemon pepper, basil, a bit of white wine, EVOO and water. Plan to grill that and have it with a green salad and steamed broccoli.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Black bean taco salad-lowfat sour cream, tons of veggies, no cheese.
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    what do you have in your pantry? some quick ones...I always turn to when in a crunch

- canned tuna with brown rice drizzled with balsamic vinegar+olive oil add tomatoes, parley.
    - egg whites with whatever filling with side salad
    - Seared Ahi-Tuna crusted with sesame seeds + Mayo/Sambal Olek in an english muffin +salad
    - romaine with seared chicken breasts
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    that tuna idea sounds GREAT!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm having shrimp and broccoli whole wheat penne, The best part is you cook it in one pot, and I make enough for my lunch tomorrow..it's yummy! has 365 cal and 3 g fat 12g protein and 152g sodium. I use frozen cooked shrimp, cook in water then add frozen broccoli florets when only a minute or so is left to cook the shrimp, drain return to pot, add low fat marinara sauce, I throw in some diced red pepper and a little garlic powder...cook for another 3 minutes.YUMM-O
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I have made some tacos with 96 4% fat and the carb balance flour tortillas so yummy.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to pick up a deli chicken and some lettuce. My kids will have some noodles or veggies with the chicken. I'll have a chicken salad. I have to have cheese, but will do lemon juice or a vinaigarette for the dressing.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I cheated tonight! Worked to many hours overnight on 3.5 hours of sleep so I through a Smart One's Alfredo in the microwave! LOL!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    cheesy ckicken and broccoli in the crockpot served with rice, corn and frozen bananas dipped in chocloate.

390 for the chicken and rice, 90 for the corn and 130 for the banana = 610 calories total.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    That's always the million dollar question at my house!!

So, for tonight for me: boneless, skinless chicken is being thrown into a skillet (after being cut into strips) with a spray of Pam, a bit of evoo, and a squeeze of a lemon. Once it's done, I'm gonna set it aside on a plate and chop 1 large slice of red onion, 1/2 green pepper, a slice or two of tomato, and almost a cup of broccoli into the same skillet, only adding a quick dash of black pepper and evoo (1/2 serving between the two) and let them go for about 2min then the chicken will get tossed back in for another minute or so. Once it's on my plate, it gets a very small amount of italian dressing, tablespoon of mustard, a sprinkle of shredded cheese and chopped almonds. It could easily be placed into a tortilla or on a bed of spinach for a salad. I plan on leaving it as is on my plate. Also going to have a few baby carrots and hard taco shells broken into 'chip size' . The shells I buy are Casa Mamita from Aldi for a $1, they are 2 shells per serving at 100cal per/serv and no sodium. Much better than chips for me. :)

My totals are:
    Calories 473
    Carbs 32
    Protein 27
    Sodium 575
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am having a big Caesar salad! I love salads. I might throw some grilled chicken in there too. I haven't decided yet.