Help please - I have a tub of Greek Yogurt. Now what?

Options
2»

Replies

• paulettelimae
    Options
    bump!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I thought I bumped this when it was posted so I've been searching through all my posts to find it! :noway: I'm in the same boat now w/ my Greek yogurt, so BUMP! :laugh:
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    I can write bump. But I have an inkling that bump means that you more savvy mfpers are able to ear mark your posts. For the unskilled could any one explain in really simple language how you do this? The salad dressing recipe looks a amazing. I would love to be able to be more efficient when searching for articles or posts. Thanks ahead!:smile:
  • angel60067
    angel60067 Posts: 12
    Options
    Use it with granola ...so good!! Or use it in tomato sauce for spaghetti.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was going to make a new thread but this seems easier. I've heard that some people use it instead of mayo...anyone else tried this? For one thing I use Miracle Whip instead so I dunno how it would be. I'm curious how it would work as a spread on a sandwich or maybe even in tuna or chicken salad mix instead of the mayo. Any thoughts?

I know I can't eat the stuff plain though, just like I wouldn't eat a tub of sour cream, lol. I definitely want to start using greek though for less fat and tons of protein!
  • booch221
    booch221 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can write bump. But I have an inkling that bump means that you more savvy mfpers are able to ear mark your posts. For the unskilled could any one explain in really simple language how you do this? The salad dressing recipe looks a amazing. I would love to be able to be more efficient when searching for articles or posts. Thanks ahead!:smile:

Just click where it says "My Topics" and it will show you all of your posts. This works, but there's a better way.

Try icyte.
    http://www.icyte.com/
    It's better than bookmarks because it saves a snapshot of the page so you have it for future reference, even if the page changes or goes away, you still have the snapshot. You can organize it into projects. For example, you could create one that's called MyFitnessPal Recipes. Then you can add tags and notes to find it easily.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    And...my favoritist thing: plain greek yogurt with some lemon curd swirled in. O.M.G delicious!! And maybe half a graham cracker crushed on top? YUM
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    These are such interesting suggestions. I would've never thought of some of these combinations. I usually just mix mine with fruit, or put it on my baked potato like sour cream.
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use it as sour cream (we used it to top our veggie tacos the other night) or cream cheese( as a for dip melba toast) or top it with fruit/honey. Love all these great ideas--I'll have to steal some!! :)
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I bought my first tub of greek yogurt because of this site....haven't even opened it and it is now waaayyyy expired. So out it went in this mornings trash. :ohwell: Ouch, I will have to buy it again now that I see all these tasty suggestions.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I bought greek yogurt last night because of this site as well. I just added some mixed frozen berries to it and let it sit in the fridge.. this sounds gross, but the juices from the berries leaked out and made it taste even better.
    I'm definitely excited to try out some of these recipes though.
  • sgilcrease
    sgilcrease Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put a package of Fat Free Ranch powder in it and use it as ranch dip. It's pretty good.
  • tee75
    tee75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use it as a sauce for fish and lamb. Just load it with mint or other hebs you may have like dill (excellent with salmon), also a great sauce for cous cous stuffed peppers or dressings for salad....Would not use the whole tub in one shot though.