90 days.....YOU MUST TAKE PICTURES!!

merraina
merraina Posts: 30 Member
Yesterday marked my 90th day on MFP.

I will admit that I have been struggling the last couple of weeks. I am still watching what I am eating but I haven't been as diligent with my excercising. I have started Salsa lessons and practice a lot but haven't been doing other stuff. The scale has barely moved. It has been very discouraging.

However, I promised myself that I would hold myself accountable to my Facebook friends. I promised them that I would give them a monthly update. I promised my friend that I would send her pictures monthly. She in turn sends me back comparison pictures. THEY BLOW ME AWAY!!!

I have lost quite a few inches and I have lost 25 lbs BUT man do those pictures say so much more! They make me feel so much better and make me realize why I am on this new lifestyle path and why I need to continue!

The picture below was taken at the beginning of September 2012 and the other was taken this morning.

09bb2d9c-fec9-4123-a065-9c7710588f87_zps3c1af802.jpg
Take those pictures! You will be glad you did!

As always, please feel free to add me!

Replies

• merraina
    merraina Posts: 30 Member
    I have no idea how to make my picture smaller!

Help if you can!
  • maggiecosmo
    maggiecosmo Posts: 47 Member
    you look great... keep on moving one day at a time...
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Congrats! Keep going!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    AWESOME! Keep up the great work!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Wow! More proof that the scale is evil. It looks like you've lost over 50 lbs!!! Congrats
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Wow you look fantastic! I couldn't agree with you more about taking pictures. It's painful at first, but you are so glad you did. Nice work!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Congrats - you look amazing! :flowerforyou:

And I couldn't agree more... take pictures! I took a picture a month (or close to it) for the first two years of my weight loss. I think those pictures helped me through a rough patch where I gained some back. Reminded me of how far I'd come.

The other thing I encourage people to do - Take Your Measurements! I didn't do this and now I regret it. I have no idea how many inches I have lost since the start of my weight loss.
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Fantastic work! You look amazing
  • Absolutely awesome! I completely agree about taking pictures too, they really help you see the changes.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Yes take pics and measurements.

I am learning our scales can be more deceiving then anything else.

Although I do not want to be a toned 195 pound person, I am thankful I am in the losing mode and getting healthier with the right eating habits and (almost) daily exercise routine.

Keep up the good work!
  • marksvizz
    marksvizz Posts: 33
    You look amazing!!!!
  • raupp
    raupp Posts: 2
    Wow you look great. Keep up the good work.
  • You look awesome!!! Great job!!

And you're right... The numbers on the scale can be very deceiving and sometimes aggravating because they don't reflect the "whole package." If you take a look at my profile pic you will see that I know what I'm talking about. Day 1 was January 30th this year, and Day 61 was last week. I've only lost 10 lbs but there is a major difference in how I look and feel!!

Keep it up!!! :D
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Thanks for posting this today. You look great and are making great progress!!!
    You are so right about taking pictures. I've already lost 13 pounds and dropped 1 size and still haven't taken pictures. I'm going to make a point to do it today because I still have quite a ways to go. My ticker does not reflect my ultimate goal.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Awesome job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!