1lb weights for 30 day shred :/

Options
I am about to start level 1, day 3 of the 30 day shred this morning. The only weights I have to use right now are 1lb Zumba toning sticks....will I still see results with using just one pound weights?? I feel like I should be using about 3lbs, but I don't have that right now. I'm afraid my results wont be like they should be!

Replies

• jordieq86
    jordieq86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would hold off until you can get at least 3 lb weights. I am on day 7 of 30ds and I think that 3 lbs is a good weight to do
  • OMGItsErinPratt
    OMGItsErinPratt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use 1 pound weights and i feel the burn!!! I really do! I figured that I would use the 1 pound weights until I can completely do one round of the 30 day shred without having to stop. Then, I'd bump up.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for?

You definitely won't increase your strength using 1 lb. weights.

You won't minimize muscle loss either since 30DS is mostly cardio. Plus the "strength" segment in the video isn't really strength training.

If your goal is simply to lose weight, you can achieve that by diet alone (eating at a calorie deficit). But any type of exercise does the body good.
  • kdcj17
    kdcj17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you will see some results regardless of what size weights you use!
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Use what you have, it's better than not doing it at all. "I don't have x weights, so I'm waiting..." that sounds like the excuses others give when they don't want to do something - you actually want to, so don't let yourself find a reason not to. just adapt to what you have to work with at the time and move up later!

You can always go back and repeat with new weights later. You will still benefit from the cardio and abs, and from the movement of the weight exercises. NEVER hold off just because something is not "ideal". Doing something modified is always better than doing nothing at all. If I held off for my idea workout environment, I'd be waiting until I won the lottery and held out for a huge room where I don't have to move coffee tables to do the workouts, and until I could have better weights and a mat and a treadmill ....

I don't have a treadmill and it's freezing out. Wait until I have money and warm weather? NOPE! Walk indoors at the mall before the stores open! (On weekends anyway)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If that's all you have, go for it. But keep in mind you can get 3 lb weights at Target for like, $4 a piece. I started with 2 lb, then bought 3 lb half way through, and bought 5 lb for the second set of 30 days.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Start with your 1 lb then I'd work up to something heavier. U will get stronger over time and 1 lb will not cut it eventually
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Just start. Move up when you're ready.