Started P90X yesterday

Options
So I finished Insanity on Saturday. I started P90X yesterday and my arms feel like Jello. Anyone else get this feeling after the first day. Also if your doing p90X and are inneed of some other p90Xer you can add me so we can keep each other on track.

Replies

• The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My first day of P90X (Chest & Back) got my arms tired but it would make me feel light headed by about 30 minutes into the workout and I have to stop. The second week I can finish the workout without issues. I started P90X2 yesterday. Totally different from P90X so far.
  • johnhfrench
    johnhfrench Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think my arms must have been in decent shape when I started. The second day (plyometrics) wiped me out for several days. I could barely walk. When i was able to do the workouts again (several days later) I only did the first half of each one for a week. After that I was able to do them without to much trouble and I started counting my days then. I'm on day 53 as of today. Having finished Insanity you probably won't have any problems with plyo or any other of the cardio oriented workouts as I did, though.
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I did plyo today and it made me do a nice workout. Insanity got me ready for today, just the upper body seems to kill me
  • kaioken92
    kaioken92 Posts: 38
    Options
    It gets easier, for sure. I'm in Week 12 of my first round of P90X, and did my last "Chest and Back" session last week. The first day, I hit my knees for virtually every push up exercise in the second half of the workout.

During Week 11, I rarely hit my knees at all, and only near the very end, virtually doubling, sometimes tripling my reps from the first day.

As Tony says, do your best, forget the rest, push play everyday, and BRING IT!
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think you'll enjoy "Legs and Back" on Friday.
  • CecRR
    CecRR Posts: 9
    Options
    Im on my second round of P90X, not back to back. Both times I've done it, I wasnt able to move for the first week. Your body is adjusting and it wont be so bad after a week or so.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started p90x on Monday 4/1/13. I tried it once before but never finished it. Hopefully I can do it this time.

I couldn't finish Plyo yesterday, my legs gave out on me. Hopefully next week I can do the entire DVD.
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started P90X February 25, 2013. It is hard but so worth it. I saw results by week 2. I am on my second round of phase 1. I don't use the fitness schedule that comes with it, I hate Ab Ripper, the yoga is sooooo boring and I see no reason to spend an hour stretching. Weekends I take off. I created my own lower body routine, upper body routine and standing ab routine that I do either in place of the videos (if time is limited) or with the videos. Plyometrics is super hard but you might be in better shape then me. I can barely make it through 15 minutes. Also I only use 5lb weights (all I have right now) and usually do more reps then what they do in the videos. I just did 20 side-tri raises today (each set-patting myself on the back), first time to do more then 10. Today I found that I have a bunch more videos and am going to add them into the routine as well. I try to get in at least 2 hours of exercise a day ( just started this week after a disappointing first month loss, only 3lbs down but I am pretty sure my new muscles might have something to do with that)
    Add me if you want and we can cheer each other on.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    So I finished Insanity on Saturday. I started P90X yesterday and my arms feel like Jello. Anyone else get this feeling after the first day. Also if your doing p90X and are inneed of some other p90Xer you can add me so we can keep each other on track.

Oh yea.... and I couldn't straighten my arms and it hurt like hell for like a few days! Plyo was tough too. I remember that my heart was racing so bad that almost puked just 10 minutes into the warm up LOL. But it's all good stuff. I finished that in Jan 2013 and I'm about to finish Insanity this week. If you want to see the full "glory" details, check out the link in my avatar below.

BTW - there's a P90X and Insanity workout group page here. Feel free to join! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/12631-p90x-insanity-asylum-join-us-get-support-here
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've just started....again...and my chest is so sore today...even just to reach to turn off the alarm this morning had me saying a few choice words...plyo was today...I got through it all and I'm sure my legs will be screaming tomorrow... I actually like the soreness...means I've done something right!!!
    I'm excited to do this and if anyone wants to add me...feel free...