Anyone use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the pounds dvd's?

Options
Hi,
I am just wondering if anyone uses the Leslie sansone's walkaway the pounds dvd's and which one's you really like and how often you do them? I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in helping eachother stay accountable with daily exercise?

Thanks!\
mushy201

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I used one once. It was too easy (and boring) so I moved on to something more challenging
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie 6x a week for about 30-45 minutes each time. It's as easy as you choose make it, as with any workout. I use wrist weights and sometimes jog in place of the walking, but I think its HIGHLY effective. I've lost 26lbs so far! I'd be very interested in any new motivation...feel free to add me!!! :smile:
  • ampeterson69
    Options
    I use Leslie's videos as part of my cross training or if I need a quick work-out at home. I have several that I have purchased over the years. I agree that you get out of the workout what you put into it.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I love love love Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's..... I do the 3 mile and 5 mile and I will be doing the 3 mega miles with toning bands ....I lost 78lbs in 09/2010 doing her walking dvd's of course I gained it all back and then some when I let life and tragic things get in my way ..but I am back with more determination :smile:
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I do the 5 mile workout 4-5 days a week and 30 day shred 5 days a week. Just the walking got my saddlebags right down and helped to tone my thighs and hips. Im hoping to lose 2inches from waist and 1-2 off hips with my combo. Leslie does work
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I use them occasionally and add hand weights, going really low on side to side, and exaggerated arm movements to make it more challenging. I have 3 or 4 of them and I think they're all pretty much the same. You can only do so much to make walking different!
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It is exercise. It helps. There is a forum for Leslie on MFP. Check it out.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I use them occasionally and add hand weights, going really low on side to side, and exaggerated arm movements to make it more challenging. I have 3 or 4 of them and I think they're all pretty much the same. You can only do so much to make walking different!

^^This!

I generally do the 2 or 3 mile one when I'm burnt out on my other DVD's/workouts. Of course, I've done them enough that I find the constant monologue a bit much so I generally mute the sound and put on some music or talk with my husband while I'm doing it.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I use them occasionally and add hand weights, going really low on side to side, and exaggerated arm movements to make it more challenging.

^^This is what I do also. I really like most of her videos and its a quick workout at home. The more you put into it the better burn you have. The 5 mile one I have she bumps up the intensity of the last 2 minutes of each mile which is nice and I will often do that in the other videos. I usually get a good sweat on with all over hers except the 1 mile, I only mildly sweat to that one because its short.
  • japendley
    japendley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of those DVDs I haven't tried and I need someone to make sure I do them every day. I'm really having trouble staying motivated. I'm on board:-)
  • k_aLLyN
    k_aLLyN Posts: 9
    Options
    I love LS DVDs. I do agree that after awhile if you do the same ones over & over they get boring..so when I start feeling that way,I purchase a new DVD. Now I'm doing 5 really big miles. It's got a toning band. I really like it :)
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie's videos as part of my cross training or if I need a quick work-out at home. I have several that I have purchased over the years. I agree that you get out of the workout what you put into it.

I wore my heart rate monitor once during a 3 mile walk and the calorie burn was a little over 400. Heart rate stayed in the upper end of my "fat burning" zone. I do squat pretty low and use light weights and exaggerated arm movements. If you put the effort in you can get a great low impact cardio workout with some toning thrown in.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I do the 2 mile in 30 minutes walk at home every morning at 5:30am M-F. I don't know how accurate the actual mileage is cause my fitbit one never counts it as 2 miles even I just do walking the entire time. I can't get my heart rate up to my target amount anymore doing them since I have lost 138 pounds but I still do it every morning and sometimes again on my lunch hour at home. I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week for cardio and strength training along with the walking.
    Her dvds are good for people just starting out with exercising or have knee issues. I have a bad knee at 270 pounds was able to do her dvds and my knee could handle it. Anything is better than nothing I feel. Plus I can walk in my pjs inside the house on level ground at 5:30am and not worry about bad weather so that is a plus.
    Good luck!
  • noe117
    noe117 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love Leslie! I have bad knees and its a great low impact workout. To make it more challenging and increase my calorie burn I jog in place instead of walk :smile:
  • kss3h
    kss3h Posts: 2
    Options
    How do you guys record this exercise in your journal as far as calories?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I tried one of her 15 minute videos and I was so mind-numbingly-BORED, I wanted to put my fist through the tv screen.

I walk outside, instead. It's free, and doesn't make me stabby.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I do the 15 minute ones on youtube while watching tv. Love it.
  • dustipaul25
    dustipaul25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello. Ive been using Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan and I absolutely love it. First time I started I didnt change any eating habits and just exercised 3-4 days a week and lost 15 lbs within a month or so. Then I got off track and gained it all back. I started on 4.1.13 with healthy eating habits, counting calories, and exercising with her dvd regularly. I normally do 30 minutes in the mornings (2 miles with warm up and cool down) and 45 minutes in the evenings (3 miles and warm up and cool down). So far I feel great and find myself craving more water then soda (diet sodas are my weakness) and not really wanting much junk food.
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love these videos! Leslie is fun and I really enjoy it!
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yes! I started out with Leslie Sansone--I discovered her newer walking videos via ExerciseTV (which doesn't exist anymore--sad!), but I did manage to borrow a Walk Away the Pounds DVD. It does get a little old after awhile, but it's a great place to start or even just to get light exercise during the day! My favorite is the 3-mile walk, since it's more extensive & I'll break a bit of sweat from it. Sometimes I'll use the 1-miler to warm-up before another workout. :)