90 days.....YOU MUST TAKE PICTURES!!

Options
merraina
merraina Posts: 30 Member
Yesterday marked my 90th day on MFP.

I will admit that I have been struggling the last couple of weeks. I am still watching what I am eating but I haven't been as diligent with my excercising. I have started Salsa lessons and practice a lot but haven't been doing other stuff. The scale has barely moved. It has been very discouraging.

However, I promised myself that I would hold myself accountable to my Facebook friends. I promised them that I would give them a monthly update. I promised my friend that I would send her pictures monthly. She in turn sends me back comparison pictures. THEY BLOW ME AWAY!!!

I have lost quite a few inches and I have lost 25 lbs BUT man do those pictures say so much more! They make me feel so much better and make me realize why I am on this new lifestyle path and why I need to continue!

The picture below was taken at the beginning of September 2012 and the other was taken this morning.

09bb2d9c-fec9-4123-a065-9c7710588f87_zps3c1af802.jpg
Take those pictures! You will be glad you did!

As always, please feel free to add me!

Replies

• merraina
    merraina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to make my picture smaller!

Help if you can!
  • maggiecosmo
    maggiecosmo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you look great... keep on moving one day at a time...
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep going!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    AWESOME! Keep up the great work!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow! More proof that the scale is evil. It looks like you've lost over 50 lbs!!! Congrats
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic! I couldn't agree with you more about taking pictures. It's painful at first, but you are so glad you did. Nice work!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look amazing! :flowerforyou:

And I couldn't agree more... take pictures! I took a picture a month (or close to it) for the first two years of my weight loss. I think those pictures helped me through a rough patch where I gained some back. Reminded me of how far I'd come.

The other thing I encourage people to do - Take Your Measurements! I didn't do this and now I regret it. I have no idea how many inches I have lost since the start of my weight loss.
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You look amazing
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Absolutely awesome! I completely agree about taking pictures too, they really help you see the changes.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yes take pics and measurements.

I am learning our scales can be more deceiving then anything else.

Although I do not want to be a toned 195 pound person, I am thankful I am in the losing mode and getting healthier with the right eating habits and (almost) daily exercise routine.

Keep up the good work!
  • marksvizz
    marksvizz Posts: 33
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
  • raupp
    raupp Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow you look great. Keep up the good work.
  • Hippieissmiling
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!!

And you're right... The numbers on the scale can be very deceiving and sometimes aggravating because they don't reflect the "whole package." If you take a look at my profile pic you will see that I know what I'm talking about. Day 1 was January 30th this year, and Day 61 was last week. I've only lost 10 lbs but there is a major difference in how I look and feel!!

Keep it up!!! :D
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this today. You look great and are making great progress!!!
    You are so right about taking pictures. I've already lost 13 pounds and dropped 1 size and still haven't taken pictures. I'm going to make a point to do it today because I still have quite a ways to go. My ticker does not reflect my ultimate goal.
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!