Motivation for my wedding!

Options
0jylnn0
0jylnn0 Posts: 10 Member
I don't know how I let myself get to where I am, in 5 years I put on 30 lbs... I've done all diets and exercise and would always give up with people discouraging me. I Hate seeing pictures of myself... Now here's the problem I'm getting married next summer! I'm excited but I'm embarrassed of how I look, this is where I ask for you help. I need motivation!!!!

Replies

• MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    Hi, you can friend me if you'd like. The only thing I ask is that you're active on MFP.
    Also, you should be proud of yourself for stepping up and wanting to make yourself feel better (look better in your own eyes).
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Request sent!
  • KatiCoufal
    KatiCoufal Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had to do the same thing. I had to lose 40 pounds to be where I wanted for my ceremony. I bought my dress 3 sizes too small. That was my motivation to lose weight. I ordered a Bootcamp DVD and stuck to it and ate clean. It worked well for me. Good luck
  • danielleov
    Options
    30lbs can creep up on anyone so don't fret!!! I'm getting married this summer, I've lost 34lbs since I started over a year ago and while that's a great thing there is still alot to go!!! So you can do it, the key for me was staying active on myfitness becuase it makes you accountable. That only works if you're truly committed though. It's not about diets, it's about changing your eating habits for good. I cheat ALOT that's probably why I haven't lost more weight....But I love food and I love sweets and refuse to give them up. The key is I TRACK THEM so that I don't go overboard. Once you start tracking everything that goes into your mouth including beverages coupled with working out, you will see the pounds shed!
  • 0jylnn0
    0jylnn0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Already I feel more confident :)
  • TLCorsini
    TLCorsini Posts: 78
    Options
    We're in the same boat! I've also added 50 pounds to my short frame in 5 years :( We got this!!