Help - I'm always snacking!

Options
2»

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Self control is what you need, not validation from the internet on your snacking habits.

except, I'm trying to change them rather than validate them. Nice try, though.
  • ReneeLawing
    Options
    Ya i try super hard not to snack! But i agree its super super hard. one thing i've noticed that is a good little snack and low on Carbs is Pepperonis and Cheese. They are low in carbs and the Calories aren't horrible. And i saw you say your picky and thats fine my husband is the same but also getting better He's lost 30 lbs within the last 2 months, so i understand how hard it is to find things that are healthy that you'll actually eat. If you looking for something sweet i was told a long time ago to get a small thing of Cream Cheese and a pack of Splenda or sweet n low, mix the two together and its close to having your own little cheesecake which can satisfy your sweet tooth for a little while anyways.

Hope this helps!!!
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    one thing i've noticed that is a good little snack and low on Carbs is Pepperonis and Cheese. They are low in carbs and the Calories aren't horrible.

Pepperonis are great! Hormel makes a delicious turkey pepperoni that is a bit friendlier with the p/c/f and calories than traditional pepperoni... and with the serving size at 17 slices, it still gives you a lot of munching time :)
    http://www.target.com/p/hormel-turkey-pepperoni-slices-6-oz/-/A-13192126

Serving Size 17 slices (30g)
    Calories from Fat 35Calories 70

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 4g 6%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 40mg 13%
    Sodium 640mg 27%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 9g
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have very limited fridge space at work, and a desk and cabinet FULL of things that don't need to be refrigerated, so I can give you my list of what I use for breakfast and lunch ...

Whole wheat tortillas for wraps, and corn tortillas for taco sized mini wraps (do not need refrig)
    (I use these at home for dinner too!)
    Rice cakes
    Peanut butter and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges (refrig) for the rice cakes (or use them as fruit and veggie spreads too!)

Apples, Oranges, Pears, Bananas, Grapefruit, Peaches, nectarines - this is huge - fruits have fiber and are filling and GREAT to replace some of your snacking, and they dont need fridge space!!

Starkist 2-3 oz. pouches (do not need refrig)
    (they have one that is ready made tuna salad in a pouch, so no need for mayo/relish in the fridge!)

Kashi cereal
    Silk Almond Milk Vanilla Unsweeted (30 cal per cup, goes great with cereal, refrig)
    Healthy Life Breads and Buns (super low cal, low carb, but does fall into processed category)
    Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle and Chicken Rice Soup bowls (for microwave)
    Bag of Granola to add to cereal, oatmeal, fruit or yogurt
    boxes of instant oatmeal (Oatfit by Better Oats are only 100 cal, no sugar and come in 2 flavors)
    Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (I use these as snacks, in omelettes, in wraps...)

Small things I keep in fridge at work...

Chobani yogurts
    Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packets (for wraps and snacking with pita chips)
    Laughing cow cheese wedge spreads
    Mini Babybel Light cheese
    small salad dressing for salads and wraps
    containers of berries
    bag or container of salad greens for wraps
    prepackaged lunch meats for wraps
    carton of egg beaters or egg whites - far less space needed than cartons of eggs, and less calories too
    Bags of Tyson Ready Grilled Chicken pieces (great for wraps and burritos, and packaging is small)
    small containers of hummus (for pita chips and veggies)

My favorite snack lately, and sometimes I use this as breakfast, is apples, cut in quarters with 1 tbsp of peanut butter (divied over the 4 apple pieces, not 1 tbsp per piece). It's tasty, filling and no refrig space needed!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options

My favorite snack lately, and sometimes I use this as breakfast, is apples, cut in quarters with 1 tbsp of peanut butter (divied over the 4 apple pieces, not 1 tbsp per piece). It's tasty, filling and no refrig space needed!

All of your suggestions sound super yummy and the ones that don't make my picky eater flinch, I'm putting on the grocery list!

I quoted this part, because lately I've been eating pears or apples with a tablespoon of peanutbutter and a hershey's kiss :')